Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 12:00 am   

Documentation updates

Even though I said I would take today off, I was in the mood to do some documentation, so I got started with it.

In general, I am documenting the *next* version of zApp. That is, as I'm documenting I am filling in the properties and methods of the components and fixing a few bugs. So, don't be too surprised if you try stuff that doesn't work yet. Doing it this way really helps me clean up the loose ends of the component implementations.

Anyway, I started with the zEdit component today. I didn't finish it, but will continue working on stuff like this throughout the week. And I'll try to get back to the weekly release schedule for the CVS builds...usually on Mondays. The Monday CVS release should include anything that was documented the previous week.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:34 am   

Speaking of zEdit: In the Editor Demo, I tried using Ctrl + A and it didn't select all. Neither did the option in the edit menu. I'm using the latest weekly build on Windows XP.
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 2:40 pm   

In fact, CTRL-C, CTRL-X AND CTRL-V doesn't work along with the equivalent menu items. This was also true for the previous CVS release.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 6:57 pm   

Hmm, if it was true in the previous CVS release, then I can't blame it on the DevExpress components. I'll take a look at it. I didn't think I had touched the Action system that handles key shortcuts, but it's certainly something that needs to be fixed.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 7:17 pm   

The equivalent menu items don't work either even when selecting with a mouse.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:57 pm   

Btw, I'm almost ready to get more formal with zApp bug reporting, so when reporting a bug, please start a NEW TOPIC with a clear subject line. It's very hard to track bugs that are buried in generic topics like this. It also tends to take threads off-topic (gee, that never happens around here! ;)

Anyway, back to documentation. I completed the documentation of the Common Properties. That is, the properties that many different controls share. This includes the .Image property which now documents the built-in images that theNerd was asking about in a different thread.

Also documented is zAction, along with the full list of pre-defined actions, zCombo including the various new subclasses like combo.fonts and combo.colors (not working in the current CVS build, but working for next week's build). I also finished the zEdit documentation, especially concerning the Mask property and the various edit mask types that are ready for next week's build.

I'll slog through more component documentation tomorrow. I plan to document all of the "easy" components, and then tackle the documentation for the Tree and Grid.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:44 am   

Well, I got a lot done today. First, if you go look at the zApp Documentation you will see that the Knowledge Base now displays an expand icon if there are more topics beneath the item. This should help with navigation through the huge amount of documentation.

I added the documentation for zItem, zMenu, zDock and zToolbar today, along with adding a few items to the zCombo entry, and cleaning up a few other topics. I have also split the Object Reference into a Visual and Non-Visual section to make it easier to find stuff.

I also added the new type of "inplace" submenus supported by DevExpress. See zMenu.Inplace for details and a picture. Cool stuff.

You should see a weekly CVS build with all of this stuff in it on Monday. I've also fixed the reported bug with the menu items and shortcuts not working in the editor demo. Next week I will continue to document, focusing on the Grid and Tree components.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: