Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion Goto page 1, 2  Next
PHLN
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 8:08 pm   

Weird Access Violation Message

Hello again,

I don't know what happen, but now everytime I open up zMapper, and open my map, I get this Access Violation message.. The exact message are...

Access violation at address 004d878b in module 'zMapper.exe'. Read of address 00000000

Then I get this error...

KindTbl: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset.

After I clicked OK on both of those messages, zMapper seems to be ok.. Anyone know what happen here?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 6:42 am   

Can you email me your *.MDB map database? Put it into a zip archive so that it's less than 5MB in size and email it to sales@zuggsoft.com. I've heard of this bug before but haven't been able to reproduce it myself.
PHLN
Adept

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 8:48 pm   

Sent but in rar format..
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2003 9:38 pm   

I've had the same problem. I'll try to get my map together and send it to you tonight, too.

Edit:
Actually, I didn't get the "KindTbl: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset." error, only the AV and then it let me view/edit the map. This could be a different error or a known one. Just let me know.
PHLN
Adept

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:46 am   

I get the KindTbl error when I switch to something like.. IE.. looking at Zugg's board while the AV error still being displayed on zMapper
Cuttlefish
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:43 am   

Strangely enough, I opened my map in zMapper and didn't get an AV. I don't know if this is because I've added more rooms or because I registered. The last time I got an AV was before I registered.
RobMacAF
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 4:08 am   

I am getting the same error, Was working fine yesterday then got this today, I am unregistered
RobMacAF
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 5:24 am   

Also with this I am using backgrounds, BUT when I load the map in ZMUD there is no background. But I can open the map in ZMapper, and there it is again! Any advice?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:41 am   

Rob, you should post your question about background images to a new topic. This topic is for access violations when first opening zMapper, which is something I'm still tracking down.
RobMacAF
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003 6:49 pm   

Actually this does pertain to the access problem...If you read my two posts

I am getting the same error, Was working fine yesterday then got this today, I am unregistered
I am saying I am having the same problems and the second post

Also with this I am using backgrounds, BUT when I load the map in ZMUD there is no background. But I can open the map in ZMapper, and there it is again! Any advice?
Tells you that I am using backgrounds in Zmud and that is when it began. It also says that with the access violation that it doesn't make the pictures viewable in ZMUD but it is in ZMAPPER. Maybe somehow the two problems or connected....I don't know, I was just telling you what happened after I started getting the violation message
Rowene
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:04 pm   

Sad to say that I am getting the same error message.

Win 2K Service Pack 4.

I am trying to use it to edit a map generated over the ages in ZMud (from release 5.?? to current release 6.66).

The map can be edited in Zmapper but the access violation causes problems, such as having to use screen refresh all the time & no zoom functions.

On using the map in ZMud the map is automatically set to the maximum zoom setting - all I see is a big blue dot on my screen.

If you wish for a copy of the map file please let me know.
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 6:23 pm   

Hi,

Sorry to report, similar error message on starting zMapper (or hitting the 'Edit' button from within the zMUD automapper) I also get the additional error message: Icontbl: Field 'Filename' not found, although I only get this if starting zMapper from within the zMUD automapper, I don't get it if starting zMapper on its own. It's a bit strange as I don't use any special icons/bitmaps.

The problems started after upgrading from v1.20 to v1.21 of zMapper.

The access violation I get reported is:

Access Violation at 004D87D3 at Read Address 00000000. Also zMapper then 'hangs' on loading (progress bar goes no further), so I end up not being able to load zMapper at all. I get the same "Cannot perform operation on a closed dataset error".

Mapping still works fine within zMUD, problem only exists when trying to use/open zMapper. I can make my map available to you, but even zipped the map is just over 6Mb in size, if you want I can e-mail you a URL to direct download the zip? If you want any more information get back in touch and I'll see if I can get it for you.

On an OT note, I take it if I want to go back to 1.20 in the meantime it's just a case of re-installing the zMapper 1.20 download?

HTH

-G-
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 7:56 pm   

Yes, this is expected. The database structure used in zMapper 1.21 is newer than that used in zMUD. What you need to do is first open the map using zMapper. This will upgrade the database format and add the new fields that are needed. Then you should be able to run zMapper from within zMUD without the error.

Again, run zMapper and open your zMUD map to convert it.
Guede
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003 9:13 pm   

Hi,

I tried starting zMapper up and opening the map in zMapper (zMUD not running) sadly I got the same error message regarding the Icontbl: Field Filename not found. And then the same Access Violation error (same numbers) as before. Again, the loading process stalls and the map fails to load in zMapper? Any hints? Anything further I can try and do to help you identify this issue?

Thanks,

-G-
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:14 am   

Is there any way to either post the map MDB file or compress it less than 5MB and email it to sales@zuggsoft.com so I can try it here?
Rowene
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2004 7:27 pm   

Further to my previous post on this subject ( I am now using v1.21 ) does anyone else get this problem when they try and open a new map? not just when they open an existing map db?

System - Win 2000 service pack 4
RAM - 512Mb

*sigh*
Foame

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 4:08 am   

I think I might have figured out the problem with just random searching in my computer, though I can't do anything about it. I think it's the file extension zMapper saves under. There're files called "Microsoft Access" and I think my Windows XP won't let any program but the microsoft access open them... I get this message:

Access violation at address 004d878b in module 'zMapper.exe'. Read of address 00000000

corrupt application

My computer forced it to close it down completely afterwards.
So, I think it's the file extension.. @.@ but I am DEFINATELY not a programmer or computer technician in any way. I haven't gotta to use zMapper at all! Sad
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2004 7:25 pm   

The zMapper MDB files *ARE* in MS Access format (or, more precisely, Jet format).

If you get the "corrupt application" error then there is a problem with your zMapper license. You should try to unlicense zMapper, then run it to get the trial screen again and re-enter your registration code. Or, delete all of your zMapper files and redownload a fresh copy and install it. If you still get the error, then you need to contact eLicense at support@elicense.com to get their diagnostic program.
Foame

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2004 1:03 pm   

Ooooooh! That makes more sence then what my mind was going though @.@ Thankies for the help..
Varenuha
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 10:03 am   

Access violation at address 004D87D3 in module 'zMapper.exe'. Read of address 00000000
message on my case. Everything else looks ok exept it opens map in a middle of nowhere (centre) and no favourites tab at all.
next time it opens map in a last edited place.
also zmapper is trying to connect zuggsoft at opening of a database.
which format you would prefer to get samble database, .zip - 3,69MB or .rar - 2,87MB both are compressed using WinRAR 3.42
Configuration I'm using is:
Compaq Evo N800w
Pentium 4M 2,2GHz 1GB RAM
ATI Mobility FIRE GL 9000 64MB RAM 1600x1200
Windows XP Professional SP2 with all possible uptades from microsoft on date 02.01.2005
Microsoft Office XP SP3
AVG Free 7.0
Sygate Personal Firewall 5.6 built 2808

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2005 6:54 pm   Access Violation

I just recently purchased zMapper... and I get this same error (which just started today). I get it on creating a new database or opening an old one I had created for testing purposes. I've tried deleted the databases and starting from scratch and uninstalling zMapper and reinstalling it. If I swap to another window, while this error is up, and then swap back I also get KindTbl: Cannot perform this operation on a closed dataset. If I click okay on the first error, it will open the database. I even get this (the Access Violation error) when attempting to open the sample databases.
xenapan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 7:44 pm   

i dont even have a map. i just accidentally clicked on the mapper a few times.. now its trying to load mapper whenever i open the characters i opened mapper with. the problem is, when i load them using a layout (i open all 8 characters at the same time) it gets very laggy and gets HUGE delays and when i accidentally open the layout and close it again, the characters in the layout that open mapper cause this error. it does one of two things

1. zmud refuses to parse any sort of command whatsoever.
2. zmud constantly spam creates the error dialogue until about 10 or so then stops.

only way to get out of both is ctrl-alt-del then end it in the process menu.

EDIT: forgot to add.. i got screenshots of the errors. http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=20707
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:21 pm   

This is the ZMAPPER forum. zMapper is a standalone program. If you are having troubles with zMUD, then you should post to the zMUD General Discussion forum, and not here.
xenapan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:53 pm   

but the error is with the mapper thats intergrated into zmud, not zmud itself.
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:13 pm   

The mapper is Zmud is differant from zmapper
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: