Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Santel
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 12:21 am   

Mapper - Doors with other key words

Hi Again,
I can speedwalk within my maps without any problems as long as all the doors are normal doors (trigger on open door (dir) ). How do i tell the mapper that there is a door to the west, you cant see it, but if we type open gate then we can walk west. Or any other keyword (open pile, open brances, open whatever) I can always use other, but then the mapper expect that when the key word is typed we have moved to an other room. So im kind of stuck on this one.

Best Regards
Santel
RoD
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 3:16 pm   

Try going into the Map Properties and click on Strings and Doors. Change the door command to "open %2" and change the default door name if %2 is not defined to "%1". Then, make these special doors just as all the others, but give them the correct keyword, like "gate", "pile", "branches", etc.

Try that and see if it works.

Kjata
Santel
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2003 12:19 am   

quote:

Try going into the Map Properties and click on Strings and Doors. Change the door command to "open %2" and change the default door name if %2 is not defined to "%1". Then, make these special doors just as all the others, but give them the correct keyword, like "gate", "pile", "branches", etc.

Try that and see if it works.

Kjata

It worked .. Thanks a lot Kjata
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: