Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
doomfyre
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 1:29 am   

and the status window

I'm using the <send> tag in my status window to cast spells, but i'm running into a snag with spells that require 2 words. The syntax im using is:

<send "'cast bless'">@bless</send>

I found if i dont use the ' inside the "", that it only sends cast by itself. Now, how would i go about sending something like

cast 'godly embrace' ?

Oh, and the reason for the variable within the send is because im coloring it with other triggers. I think i have that part figured out pretty well, just having trouble with the sending part itself.

Thanks, as always.
Kjata
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 2:03 am   

I can't get it to send cast only when I don't use the single quotes. Here's what I test with:
#MXP <send "cast bless">testing</send>

When I click on the link it correctly sends cast bless. Also, I can get it to send the single quotes too if needed with no problem:
#MXP <send "cast 'godly embrace'">testing</send>

Perhaps the problem is that the double quotes are being stripped when you set the status window definition. Try using %concat and %char(34) to make sure they don't get stripped out before they get to the status window.

Kjata
doomfyre
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 4:45 am   

Thanks for the reply, Kjata. The #MXP command never really comes into play with what im doing here. You're right though, it works flawlessly when the status window isn't involved. As far as the %concat and %char, well wouldn't you know it...the status window has no problem displaying any other special char. It's just when spaces or ' come in to play.

If anyone is still willing to dig deeper into this, here's something to try that illustrates my problem wonderfully. Enter the following into your command line:

#stw <send "cast 'godly embrace'">GodlyEmbrace</send>

When you click the resulting status window link, all that is sent should be cast by itself. So, how can we 'force' zMud to send everything between the "" literally?
doomfyre
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2003 5:16 am   

Ahh, got it. Just has to uncheck strip " quotes, under options for the script parser. Now i just wonder if this will foul up anything else i've got. Time will tell!

Thanks again to Kjata and anyone else that took the time to think this over.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: