Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
ZealousAnonymous Posted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 6:03 pm
Map Wishlist?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 1:15 am   

I Would like to be able to have the Label (or an icon) shown instead of the line connecting in some cases, but the line takes precidence unless they are in seperate zones.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:20 am   

I think this is already available via ZMapper, Shalimar. You can at least select exit types in the automapper, so I assume you can create custom exit types in ZMapper (same goes for bitmaps and room shapes).

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 11:27 am   

Fang Xianfu wrote:
Do you really mean zMUD? This is the CMUD forum.

actually both ;p
I use zmud cause for now I could not migrate everything yet.
I noticed cmud gave the option to dock the automapper, I thought 'great' at least...then saw you could not dock the room properties.
then I thought...wtf....

I need the room properties to get dockable since most of the time half the desc will not be detected cause it is not in a single paragraph etc.
I would just wish eveything between the prompt after a move would get captured.
And I cannot see a single reason it is not an option already.

Zugg:About your concern with chat etc; you can easily ignore them by triggers and I have a quiet option on my mud anyway.
And most of all I would have a lot less work removing whats got added by error than adding whats missing.
For room detection I suggest you could add an option to only detect the first few lines instead of whole description.
Not a lot of work to do since you already parse it, just need to add a parameter.
Throckman

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:02 am   

Actually, what I'd like is a "do not enter" for a path, not a room. I'd like to be able to go through the rooms freely, but I don't want the plotter to use those directions. For example, I'm currently using "disembark" to go from one dock to another (since there's usually nothing to do on boats except wait to get off them), but I don't want the mapper to think that the shortest path from A to B might possibly feature a trip to another landmass and back...

I guess I could use a room trigger and a #TELE command, but that reeks of effort :D
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:21 pm   

thats what the do not enter checkbox in the room properties window is for, to keep paths from using the room, you can still walk in manually
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:36 pm   

When dragging rooms around a map with mouse, I always want to click somewhere so CMUD will not only move all selected rooms but all rooms above and below them (i.e. ignore z-coord in selection). It's strange but I still can't find this option. Wink
-#SECTION can terminate threads
-Buttons can't start threads
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: