Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
John Gilmore
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:03 am   

Bought the new Cmud and it keeps locking up.

I am running windows 7, and have the latest version of Cmud. It randomly locks up and I have to run task manager in order to close it.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:51 pm   

We'll need a whole lot more information to help you solve the problem. Does it happen only when Cmud is doing something specific? Does it lock up consistently when doing that specific thing? Do you have any triggers? Does it still lock up if you turn off triggers? Have you tried figuring out whether it is caused by any specific trigger?

The most likely explanation is that you have a trigger that is causing a loop or some kind of error that is locking it up. Since Cmud is pretty stable these days, that should be the first thing to check.
John Gilmore
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:07 pm   

I am connected offline and trying to create the settings for a package when it locks up. It happens all the time, there are no settings or triggers running to cause the problem. The program just keeps locking up on me.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:54 pm   

John Gilmore wrote:
I am connected offline and trying to create the settings for a package when it locks up. It happens all the time, there are no settings or triggers running to cause the problem. The program just keeps locking up on me.

Dude, we would love to help but you need to tell us exactly step by step what you are doing when it locks up.
For instance, you say you're creating the settings for a package.. Doing steps like this.
1) I click on the settings button to open the package editor
2) I then goto file - new package from the menu
3) Now it locks up!.

That is an example of what we need to know so we can try to duplicate it. If we can't then it has something to do with your system.
Rahab
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:54 pm   

What exactly are you doing at the time it locks up? If it isn't always the same thing, give some specific examples, with the specific steps that you are doing up until it locks up.

As an aside, when you installed Cmud, did you make sure mud files would go in %DOCUMENTS% instead of Program Files? %DOCUMENTS% is the default, but some people got used to them in Program Files under Zmud. I'm not sure off the top of my head whether that could cause problems like this, so I thought I'd ask.
John Gilmore
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:11 pm   

I cant do anything thats it. I get this message SQL error: I/O disk error. My zmud works fine on the same machine. All of my sessions end with this error message. I imported my zmud settings and ran compatibility checker and there is not a problem with the scripting. I was told to rum debugger but I dont know what the heck I am looking at. Nothing seems to work right with my Cmud. Even the autolog in trigger fails. I am at wits end. I am about to try to return the darn program for a refund.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 2:11 am   

I'll put money on it, that it is something to do with your old zmud scripts. I would suggest turning off all of the triggers, alias's, button, etc. Now see if cmud locks up. if it doesn't then it is one of your triggers. Then I would the one by one turn of each trigger. You could also post you settings, in the xml output on the site here. This way we can import them in and see if it happens to us.
John Gilmore
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:57 pm   

Alright I got inside the stored packages and deleted them all. I started over from scratch, and I clicked on create an alias button and the program locked up again. I cant close the program until I open the manager and force it closed. I have a program that is totally useless to me.
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:01 pm   

John Gilmore wrote:
Alright I got inside the stored packages and deleted them all. I started over from scratch, and I clicked on create an alias button and the program locked up again.

Might be wrong, but this sounds like it's probably opening the window to make the alias in behind the main window which locks up the main window because the focus is on the settings window, but the settings window is unaccessible due to being located behind the main window.
darmir
Sorcerer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:06 pm   

Did you install Cmud in the same diretory structure where zmud was? If not is zmud running when you run CMUD? If you did that can cause issues. My suggestion would be to uninstall zmud and CMUD. Reinstall CMUD, use all of the default directory structures. Import you zmud setting. Turn off all classes, triggers, alias's etc, etc.. Then turn them on one by one. PLease be very specific as to what your setup is. We would love to help but you aren't giving us very much to go on? You said you're running windows 7. What version? 32bit or 64bit? How much ram do you have? How much free space on your harddrive?
Did you look at the post above by Rahab? Make sure it is the new directory structure..
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Nov 29, 2010 6:21 pm   

If you are getting a SQL error, click the Save Bug Report button and then copy/paste the bugreport.txt file within [code] tags in this forum so we can see the details of the crash.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: