Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:34 am   

[V3.30] #Step/#Slow Issues

I am working on a new script that hinges around stepping through a path in a controlled manner. Looking at the documentation I see that

#STEP n2es
sets "n2es" as the current path, then sends the North command to the MUD as the first step. The next #STEP command would send "east", and so on.

However when I test with #STEP n2es the whole path is spit out at one time. No steps required. The same is true when I #SLOW .n2es. Is there an easy way to queue a path and step though it? Or am I doing something wrong here?

Last edited by complex on Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
complex
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 pm   

This is a little frustrating, I have tried the following combinations, in all three map settings, fast, safe, slow.

#STEP s2w3e;#PAUSE //takes a step, pauses for a moment, then spits out the rest of the path
#STEP s2w3e;#STOP //takes a step south, but the direction s is spit out again before the path is aborted.
#STEP .s2w3e;#PAUSE //takes a step, pauses for a moment, then spits out the rest of the path
#STEP .s2w3e;#STOP //ttakes a step south, but the direction s is spit out again before the path is aborted.
#SLOW s2w3e;#PAUSE //takes a step, pauses for a moment, then spits out the rest of the path
#SLOW s2w3e;#STOP //takes a step south, but the direction s is spit out again before the path is aborted.
#SLOW .s2w3e;#PAUSE //takes a step, pauses for a moment, then spits out the rest of the path
#SLOW .s2w3e;#STOP //takes a step south, but the direction s is spit out again before the path is aborted.
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:14 pm   

What map mode are you in and what version of CMUD are you using?
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:28 pm   

I am in follow mode, and have tested fast, safe, slow, and toggle the map on and off. Currently I am using 3.30; should this be taken over to the beta forums. I did not think there was a bug, just that I was encountering an ID10T error =)
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:38 pm   

I am seeing the same behavior in CMUD 3.30 as well and I believe it is a bug.

Yes it should be posted in the Beta forum. Rule of thumb, if you are using the Beta, you should post in the Beta (even if it seems to be a general question.)
Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:43 pm   

Got it.
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:17 pm   

After a lot of testing I have made a little progress.

In the mapper if "disable automatic confirmation" radio is selected, the mapper is set on fast walk mode, the path is sent in as #STEP n2e5w, and is coupled with a #PAUSE, the rate at which the path is sent to the mud is controlled most of the time. However for some reason in a seemingly random way the path can be spit out all at once before the #PAUSE takes effect, even though the alias I am using is

#STEP
#PAUSE

I have tried to #STEP, #STOP method but this does not work since the same direction is sent over and over again.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:39 pm   

Without automatic confirmations... are you supplying #OK as a manual confirmation?
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2010 9:29 pm   

No I have not had to.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: