Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
fuktfursten
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:46 am   

[1.30] Screen flickering with #GAG #SUBSTITUTE

I've noticed the screen flickering is back when you use #GAG's and #SUBSTITUTES alot.

Where I play I get a hud score that updates every two seconds (not vt100, but one update per received line)
For every time I receive that line, I trigger it and depending on if anything has changed or not
I #GAG (if no changes) or #SUBSTITUTE the hud with my own extended version of the hud..
Was a couple of versions ago I had massive flickering too whenever gagged the lines after processing them,
but then it went away (1.28???) and I was a happy camper, but now its just like before.

I've played around with the #CALL %pref(RefreshNum, x) too, but i cannot seem to get it to dissapear at all.

Regards Fuktfursten
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:22 am   

Hmm, odd. The flickering text *should* be gone in CMUD. zMUD would display the text then gag it, CMUD should realise it has to gag it so never display it at all, because CMUD *should* process all incoming text before it displays. Maybe Zugg can clarify if this is how things work.
fuktfursten
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:27 am   

Ya, might be something else aswell, but worked flawlessly in a couple of versions. But now its back to the old behaviour (pre 1.28???).
Will test more when I get home.
fuktfursten
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 11:45 am   

Uninstalled CMUD because of all the flickering (headache :)), but just now I tried again.. and found out the screen flickering only occurs when I have info in the Status Window that updates regulary.
Could it be that you dont wait for vertical refresh when re-painting that window?
Without the status window I dont get any flickering at all..

Regards Fuktfursten
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: