Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
lonewolfachaea
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 10:59 am   

Need help with #SEND

lonewolfachaea wrote:
Will it be possible to set up single triggers/aliases/etc that you can fire off which send a command to the mud but are -not- displayed to you without having to use the #gag command which causes system slowdown?

Example <current>: trigger=you are knocked down, value=stand, result=you see the command to stand fire in the mud and you stand.

<proposed>: trigger=you are knocked down, value=#hide stand, result=you do not see the command to stand fire in the mud and you stand. (reducing spam)

Note: sorry if this is already possible, I know how to hide all trigger reactions, but not specified ones.

Kiasyn wrote:
you can use #SEND {woo} to send woo silently.. but it isnt protected by the spam protection feature sadly..

lonewolfachaea wrote:
What is the spam protection feature?

Thanks for answering me with #send, I didn't know about that and it will significantly reduce the spam because 1) it doesn't produce that anoying blank line you get after every command is sent (not sure why you get that), and 2) when it comes to systems that use a LOT of commands to do a single thing, i can at least hide the commands now without the slowdown caused by #gag.
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:05 am   

Anyone know how to apply #spam to complex code? Or how to wrap a string of separate commands within one #send ?

This is a question I asked on a clan in the mud Achaea and didn't get an answer too:

Quote:
(Old Countries): You say, "Anyone here know how to use the #send command properly? I'm having trouble with it."
(Old Countries): You say, "EXAMPLE: currently i'm doing, outr %eval( 1*@refillquantity) valerian; #repeat
((@refillquantity)) {inpot valerian into @pot}. I can get the first part to work with #send via: #send {outr %eval(
1*@refillquantity) valerian} but not the second."
(Old Countries): You say, "The coding i'm showing does work, its the #send that's the problem (all #send does is not show
the commands being sent, like #gag without the system lag)."
(Old Countries): You say, "I've used it on my macros so i don't see things like sip health, or, maul target, or ne.... its a
spam reducer."

Here is the full alias that I currently have:
Quote:
Alias: healthrefill
Value: #send {outr %eval( 1*@refillquantity) valerian}
#send {outr %eval( 1*@refillquantity) goldenseal}
#send {outr %eval( 1*@refillquantity) ginseng}
#send {outr %eval( 1*@refillquantity) myrrh}
#repeat ((@refillquantity)) {inpot valerian into @pot}
#repeat ((@refillquantity)) {inpot goldenseal into @pot}
#repeat ((@refillquantity)) {inpot ginseng into @pot}
#repeat ((@refillquantity)) {inpot myrrh into @pot}
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 11:33 am   

#repeat (@refillquantity) {#SEND {inpot valerian into @pot}}
lonewolfachaea
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2006 12:57 pm   

Thanks, that works great.

Any idea's about the other question though? How to use one #send to encompass the whole set of commands?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: