Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg Software :: View Entry - Colorado Weather
Post new entry     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:03 pm   

Colorado Weather

Ahh, spring-time in Colorado. You just never know what will happen next!

We had an SCA event down in Colvis, New Mexico this past weekend. Just a one day arts event that Chiara was in charge of. So we drove down on Friday, had the event on Saturday, then started to drive home on Sunday.

Of course, on Sunday, Mother Nature decided that Colorado needed a blizzard. The biggest storm of the year hit Colorado and closed the interstate from the New Mexico border to Colorado Springs. So we got stuck in Raton, NM, for the night, along with most of our SCA friends.

Then on Monday we were able to get home, and by 3pm Monday afternoon, you could hardly tell it had snowed at our house. And today it's supposed to reach 70 degrees (F).

That's spring in Colorado...you can have warm weather one day, and a foot of snow the next day. Crazy stuff.

Anyway, after an extra day on the road, we are now back safe and sound and I'll be back to working on zApp today and the rest of the week.
theNerd
Adept

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:45 pm   

Good to have you back, Zugg, and glad you're both safe. Now get back to work *whip* Laughing
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:45 pm   

Glad you made it home safely.

I seem to have trouble imagining 1 foot of snow closing roads though. Guess that is just because I live in the northeast US.

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 12:05 am   

I think it was the 50 MPH winds drifting the snow, and the pass at Raton at about 9000 ft or so that caused the problems. It was also icy, and since all of Colorado got a lot of snow, I don't think they had enough equipment to keep the pass and interstate cleared.

The southwest is a *lot* different than the northeast. When you have hundreds of miles between towns, it's a lot harder to keep the roads plowed.

The fact that it was Sunday probably also contributed to the lack of good plowing.
Post new entry   Reply to entry     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: