Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Zugg Software :: View Entry - World Science Fiction Convention
Post new entry     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 6:14 pm   

World Science Fiction Convention

Anyone else planning to attend World Con in Denver this summer?
Zugg and Chiara will definitely be there. We've been suckered...I mean volunteered...to help out since a good friend is the instigator, I mean chair.

Let us know who's coming!
Chiara
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:59 pm   

Bumping because its less than a month away!
Anyone going to be there?
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:05 pm   Re: World Science Fiction Convention

Chiara wrote:
Anyone else planning to attend World Con in Denver this summer?
Zugg and Chiara will definitely be there. We've been suckered...I mean volunteered...to help out since a good friend is the instigator, I mean chair.

Let us know who's coming!

Ooooo a science fiction convention Shocked. Why do they have to be in US, and why oh why do I have to be so scared of airplanes? Crying or Very sad
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:56 pm   

Also want to mention that I will actually be on one of the panels. It's called "Life after Rocket Science". It's for all of us aging scientists who have found other jobs that we like better than "rocket science" (or neutrino physics in my case). Anyway, come see my panel if you are there. Also let us know if anyone is coming and I'll decide whether to have a MUDding room party or not.

Edited: Oh, and Rorso, they *do* have them outside the U.S. In fact, Worldcon alternates every other year I think. Last year it was in Japan, and I believe the one for next year is in Australia.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:46 pm   

I doubt it'll ever be in Sweden though ;)

Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:11 pm   

Taz wrote:
I doubt it'll ever be in Sweden though ;)

Shocked
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:23 pm   

*giggle*

If it was you'd not have to worry about your fear of flying. Smile

Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:20 pm   

Quote:
It's called "Life after Rocket Science"

You mean Aperture Science? Sorry, we seemed to be short on Portal jokes recently...

Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:32 pm   

"The cake is a lie".

Yeah, I understand.
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:22 am   

I always look at this stuff and wish I had the time to go. San Diego Comic Con is this weekend, and I've love to be able to go and geek out over all the webcomics I read, Dayfree Press especially. And buy some prints.

But air travel, especially to the US, is a lot of hassle these days if you're going for more than a daytrip.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 7:18 pm   

For anyone that actually plans to be at WorldCon, my panel on "Life after Rocket Science" is on Thursday. I also got added to another panel on Sunday that is basically "Mac vs PC vs Linux" or something like that. I plan to bring my MacBook Pro running Windows Cool Should be a fun "philosophical" debate.

I'll be wearing my Zuggsoft or zMUD t-shirt most of the week, so if you see me, say Hi and tell me that you are a zMUD user and I'll have some zMUD buttons to give away (someday maybe I'll make some new CMUD buttons, but I still have hundreds of zMUD buttons left over from previous cons). Maybe one of these days I'll get some time to put some Zuggsoft stuff over on Zazzle.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:11 pm   

We are back from WorldCon. Parts were fun, but it was also exhausting. The event was spread out between a couple of hotels and the Denver Convention Center and you also had to walk 3 blocks from the back of the convention center where the programming was just to get to any food places. So Chiara and I are very tired and have eaten very badly for the past week.

We are doing email and stuff today to try and get caught up, and we are going back to a strict low-carb program to try and get my brain back into shape. I'm just not as young as I used to be. We didn't even go to any late parties or anything.

Anyway, I probably won't start answering forum posts until tomorrow and will then get back to work on the next CMUD 3.01 beta version.
Post new entry   Reply to entry     Home » Forums » Zugg's Blog All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: