Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mortie
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 3:42 pm   

Trigger and adding the ID it

Hi,

below is an extract of a trigger which i have in a flat file

#TRIGGER {^Aardwolf Aura of Sanctuary%s(*)%s%p(%d)%s(*)%s%w%s%w} {serial_number=%%1;autoswapping_lvl=%%2;is_already_worn =%literal( %%3);#if ((@is_already_worn != @player_name_with_wornflag) & (@autoswapping_lvl <= @currentlevel) & (@autoswapping_lvl > @auralvl_already_worn)) {#say %ansi( blink, bright, white)Changing over aard equipment;get @serial_number @item_container;wear @serial_number;#if (@currentlevel != 1) {put @previous_aura @item_container};auralvl_already_worn = @autoswapping_lvl;previous_aura = @serial_number};serial_number="";autoswapping_lvl="";is_already_worn=""}

NB This may look messy here but its all on one line and works.

This is part of a bigger script which is kept in a flat file and i just copy and paste to zmud when i want to install it.

As it is it works fine and the trigger is properly installed with no variables/arguments missing.

However i needed to name this trigger among others using ID, for another part of my script to work.

So the above trigger looks like this

#TRIGGER "auratrig" {then the above syntax}

When i copy this to zmud all the variable names are missing so it trashes the trigger.

I found a work around and that is to use the ~ (tilda) infront of all the variable names. With this everything is copied across properly.

My question is, Why with the introduction of the name to the trigger statment do i have to add the tilda to every variable in it for it to copy across correctly. I want to understand the mechanics behind it.

Thanks

Mortie :)
LightBulb
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2002 5:05 pm   

It looks like the answer is yes. However, if you use auratrig as a class instead of a label it will copy without modification.

#TRIGGER {^Aardwolf Aura of Sanctuary%s(*)%s%p(%d)%s(*)%s%w%s%w} {serial_number=%%1;autoswapping_lvl=%%2;is_already_worn =%literal( %%3);#if ((@is_already_worn != @player_name_with_wornflag) & (@autoswapping_lvl <= @currentlevel) & (@autoswapping_lvl > @auralvl_already_worn)) {#say %ansi( blink, bright, white)Changing over aard equipment;get @serial_number @item_container;wear @serial_number;#if (@currentlevel != 1) {put @previous_aura @item_container};auralvl_already_worn = @autoswapping_lvl;previous_aura = @serial_number};serial_number="";autoswapping_lvl="";is_already_worn=""} {auratrig}

LightBulb
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: