Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Gandorf
Novice

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2002 10:24 am   

Scripting question

I'm been working on making some scripts to clear certein areas on the mud I play where the mob all have the same keyword. As far I have figured it can be made in three ways. 1. read from a .txt file a line at the time moving after I recieve the "They aren't here" message
2. Use #SLOW for making a path and #OK efter all mobs are dead
3. Having one alias for every move.

What I'm wondering are what of the above way that would be fastest or best to do.

BTW, I'm also looking for a MUD that allows botting that I can use for trying things and creating bots. Any suggestions would be more then welcomed

Gandorf
-------------------------
Out in the night they laugh about me and my knowledge
Pega
Magician

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2002 10:18 am   

I think muds that consist of players who systematically wipe out mobile objects robotically round the clock is dull. =b

If you want a challenge, try tw2002. It isn't your usual mud, but a 'real-time' space combat and 'real-time' resource building strategy game set in a 'universe' of typically 1k, 5k, 10k and 20k sectors. On the TWGS, each server typically has a few games running concurrently. Scripts and bots are used extensively in all games. Multi-playing is only allowed when specifically stated in the rules. Here is a good starting point.

To play tw2002 manually, you will have to use zMUD's character mode, and use #sendprompt to send commands in scripts. Perhaps it is possible to use a combination of zMapper and zMUD's database for mapping sectors, enemy sector triangulation, combat calculations, etc. When mapping non-standard muds, you should use the #TAG and #NOMAP commands at the same time.

That is all I am going to say about scripting for TW2002 in this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: