Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
NirvanaBreed5944@aol.com

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 5:09 am   

Installing problem

ok, I downloaded zMUD off the site, then after it was done downloading and it was ready to install there was a pop-up message that said "failure to initialize installation [CRC] paramater was incorrect" then it exited out of the installation. I tried downloading a few more times but it still didn't work. Any advice? (and this is my first time downloading zMUD in case that's helpful)

If the whole point of climbing mount everest is because it's hard...then why do people do it on the easy side? - George Carlin, "Napalm and Silly Puddy"
Darker
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2001 2:04 pm   

Since there are two versions currently on the download page, could you specify which version you downloaded and tried?

I've downloaded 6.16 in the past without problems, and I downloaded 6.22 this morning without a hitch as well (meaning both have installed correctly).

If you downloaded via a program like GetRight, try downloading without it. If you downloaded without it, try it once with.

zMUD 6 Online Help: All the power you'll ever need.
NirvanaBreed5944@aol.com

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2001 2:46 am   

Thanks for the tip. I probably would have tried it sooner or later, but I forgot I even had a downloading program thing. Well , it worked, and it was v. 6.16. Thanks again =)

If the whole point of climbing mount everest is because it's hard...then why do people do it on the easy side? - George Carlin, "Napalm and Silly Puddy"
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: