Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 am   

NEW LICENSE - How to Upgrade to CMUD v3

Version 3 of CMUD requires a new license for all users. As per the CMUD upgrade policy, if you purchased CMUD within the past 2 years, you can get this upgrade for free. But it still requires you to get a new license key.

To get your new CMUD v3 license key:

• Go to the Store at https://www.zuggsoft.com/store
  • Log into your store account with your email and password. If you have forgotten your store password, click the Recover Password link on the main store page and your password will be sent to your email address.
  • If you no longer have access to the email address you used to register CMUD, you'll need to contact us at support@zuggsoft.com and send us your original license details along with your new email address.
  • Once you are logged in, simply add the CMUD v3 or CMUDPro v3 product to your shopping cart. The price shown in the cart will reflect any discounts you are eligible for. If you purchased CMUD within the past 2 years, the price should be FREE. Otherwise the price will be listed as half-price. If you never purchased CMUD before, you'll see the full price.
If you have any trouble upgrading your CMUD license, send email to support@zuggsoft.com. We cannot help with license questions on these public forums. The 30-day trial for CMUD has been reset with Version 3, so you should have plenty of time to resolve any upgrade issues before your new trial runs out.

You can see the list of Whats New in v3 for a summary of improvements.

Last edited by Zugg on Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:13 am   

I just requested my license key, but 3.23 didn't accept it as a valid license. Did I download too quickly?
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:18 am   

It worked for me, Tech. You'll probably have to check with Zugg on this, but I paid for my upgrade, received the e-mail, installed the program and ran it, and pasted in the license key when the program asked for it. No problems.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:05 am   

I used the auto populate clipboard feature for License input. And my full CMUDPro purchase was from this past May. I'll give it another shot tomorrow.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:27 am   

Also, as usual be sure CMUD==CMUD3 and CMUDPRO==CMUDPRO3. Don't try to use a PRO license in the regular version, or visa-versa. If it still doesn't work, definitely email me a copy of the key that you received so I can check it.

Edited: Also Tech, I don't see any v3 purchase from you at all. Are you sure you didn't just click Retrieve License? That only gets you your existing v2 license. You need to add a v3 product to your shopping cart and check out. If you did this already then let me know so I can determine the problem. But our order database doesn't show anything for you for v3.
Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 pm   

Zugg, it was user error as you pointed out. I really need to stop reading/posting when sleep deprived and multi-tasking. I'll try it again ( and follow the instructions this time ) Talk about an ID10T error. Very Happy

[Edit]It's funny how well things work when you follow instructions and do them properly!
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:08 pm   

Heehee... Hey, don't worry, I'm sure you won't be the only one who doesn't follow instructions. I'm guessing that we'll be flooded with support email when the public version is released.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:11 pm   

Okay this may be a silly question but do I purchase both Cmud and Cmud v3? When I click to add Cmud v3 to the cart it adds both Cmud and Cmud3 to the cart and wants to charge me for both.

Edit: Never mind. I just removed Cmud from the cart since I had already paid for that before.
Fizban1216
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:56 am   

It's asking me for a license key again when I installed 3.24. I already did the update process when I installed 3.23a a few days ago, is it suppose need to be need a new key again already?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 12:56 am   

Yeah, it does *not* "automatically" add both to your cart. The regular CMUD must have already been saved in your cart from a previous session. Glad you got it figured out though.
oldguy2
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 9:26 am   

Ah well that's interesting. My mistake then. Sorry to confuse anyone. I guess I accidentally clicked to add both or that had been sitting in the cart for a long time.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:03 am   

Normally I guess we wouldn't really care about this sort of thing except to tell folks to knock it off (or lock the thread if they can't or even just quietly delete posts with no explanation forthcoming), but since there's some Really Important Information involved I feel compelled to remind folks that this is not the thread to bash/defend Zugg or any other community member.

EDIT: offtopic posts were moved here.[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: