Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dwoggurd
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:11 am   

Is there a trick to override "stop further processing"?

I have a high priority trigger that "stops further processing". In most cases that's what I want, but sometimes I want to let other low priority triggers fire (to process exceptions from a common rule). Is there a way to override "stop further processing" option for a given specific line run-time?
Or, alternatively, is there a way to stop further processing from the inside of a trigger that normally allows other triggers to fire?

I don't want to make exception-triggers higher priority than the main one (for speed purposes), I would rather prefer to control "further processing" dynamically. Any ideas?
wrym
Magician

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:19 am   

Hmm not that i'm aware of, You might beable to do that with a lua script, but I think there is a better way.

I'm assuming that several of the lower priorty triggers get enabled and disabled for whatever reason. So you probably could:

1) Put all your scripts for that line into one trigger and check if a certain set needed to be executed
2) Use Custom events and the #raiseevent command, and enable/disable events as needed
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:26 am   

would a reparse state accomplish this, or does the 'stop further processing' apply to conditions as well?
Magician

PostPosted: Sat May 02, 2009 3:35 am   

Hmm i'm not too familiar with reparse trigger states, but...

Code:
<trigger priority="7450" case="true" stop="true" id="745">
  <pattern>^TeStTeSt$</pattern>
  <value>#print state 0</value>
  <trigger type="ReParse">
    <pattern>testtest</pattern>
    <value>#print state 1</value>
  </trigger>
</trigger>

Prints from both trigger states, still you'ld have to do some kinda check in the primary trigger to determine if you want to execute other trigger states, so... i don't really see an advantage over putting it all into the primary trigger
"To the engineer, all matter in the universe can be placed into one of two categories: (1) things that need to be fixed, and (2) things that will need to be fixed after you've had a few minutes to play with them" - Scott Adams, The Dilbert Principle
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: