Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
sheetan
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:18 am   

#PATH questions

Hi,

I have a couple of questions about paths, I've tried searching the zMUD helpfiles but couldn't find anything about these

First: say I have a path named "test" and the path is n,e,s,w ...after I go n,e, there is a 'Centipede' here, and I want to kill it...How can I make it so that this path stops at this centipede, and then I want to it to 'continue the path' (s,w) or simply go back (w,s)...I don't know what the commands for these are

Second: I have directions such as sw,ne,se,sw which when put into a path, zMUD is understanding them as "s,w" for sw, "n,e" for ne...etc., how can I fix that?

Third: how can I edit directions, such as for zMUD to understand that the reverse of the direction 'gate' is also 'gate', or for 'door' is 'out'

Thanks alot in advance, and sorry for the trouble
Fang Xianfu
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:39 am   

1) Use the SLOW walking method. This'll allow you to use the #pause and #step commands to pause and resume walking, respectively.

2) Paths don't need to be separated by commas - for this reason, paths can't tell the difference between ne (northeast) and ne (north,east). The diagonal directions are represented by hjkl the same was as the normal ones are represented by nesw.

3) You can create new directions the same way you create any new setting. The command is #direction:

#dir do door other
#dir od out other

#dir gg gate other

You can then use d for door, o for out, and g for gate just like you'd use nesw or hjkl in your paths. The "other" part is optional, it defines how exits that use that direction will look on the mapper, if you use it.

- Happy bunny is happy! (1/25)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: