Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 5:14 pm   

System Lockdown

Okay, so i was using Zmapper (fresh installed this morning) to recreate a map via keyboard controls.

Things were going great, I made about 8 rooms in rapid succession, then one of my movements hang.

I try hitting the direction again, thinking perhaps i didn't press the key hard enough.

Now its obvious something is wrong, CPU usage pegs out.

I try alt tabbing to my other Zuggsoft products i have running, both CMUD and zMUD. For some reason they are also hanging.

So I Ctrl + Alt +Del, thinking to close out ZMapper that way, nothing.

My keyboard stops responding, the mouse cursor still moves, but clicking does nothing.

Then i hear a loud beep, similar to the beep.wav, but not it, then even the cursor stops moving.

So i end up having to hard boot the system for unresponsiveness, everything boots up just fine.

So i try running ZMapper again, by itself, thinking it might work that way.

And it seems to work, i make a lot more progress on the map.

Out of nowhere a violation error pops up, i hit ok and it seems like nothing is truly wrong, so I keep working.

About 5 minutes later another error pops up, this time closing ZMapper by itself, so I decided to post.

Any clue what is going on?
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:55 pm   

Well, I think you shouldn't have All three open at once. Did you have a map window open in Zmud And Or Cmud?

Zmapper loads itself into Zmud And Cmud when they are running and there could have been some sort of conflict, especially if you had the same map loaded in any of them.

I would try opening up the map you was working on in Zmapper up in the map in Cmud and compressing it.
Then close Cmud and opening it again in Zmapper and seeing if it happened again.
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2007 7:46 pm   

Neither CMUD nor zMUD had a map open or was even connected yet.

Even still the map wasn't even 20 rooms yet.

Compressing it didnt chance the size at all (still 3k), in ZMapper again and seeing if it screws up for me now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: