Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
koga
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 10:29 pm   

recconecting issues

when I reconnect on a mud I play, sometimes when I go to type one of my char's names it puts a V in front of it, such as Vspindle
can anyone tell me why it does this and how to fix it if there is a way please?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:02 am   

I vaguely remembering this coming up a little while back on the forums. I want to say it was an issue with double-byte characters (ie, chinese), but I can't really remember. If that's the case, I think it may be something you'll just have to live with as ZMud doesn't really have any double-byte support.
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 12:51 am   

so, no way to fix this at all?
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 1:25 am   

Not using ZMud. But I'm not a double-byte user in general, so I'm not really sure if there are any tricks to improve this.

With CMud, support is or eventually will be in place, but it's not quite ready for public usage yet.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 2:44 am   

Actually, you should check with the MUD and see if it has some problem dealing with Telnet option negotiation. You can try going into the zMUD Preferences and in the Emulation section, turn off the "Telnet Options" option and see if that helps. Sometimes a MUD will negotiate at the wrong time, causing the telnet response to get into the username field. Not much you can do about it (other than fixing the MUD code) except turning off the option in zMUD.

It's also possible that it's a double-byte issue as Matt mentioned. You didn't tell us if you are using a non-English language or not.
koga
Beginner

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 8:05 pm   

using English, both the mud and myself, and btw, where can I see the "emulator" prefs. I just tried checking the prefs menu and it didn't say anything about emulators
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:43 pm   

Click the Prefs button in the toolbar. Expand the pages on the left and you should find the Emulation page.
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:33 pm   

There's been times where for some reason zmud will take a dump all over a script.
Now, granted, it IS my fault cause I screwed up the script. BUT here's the wierd thing. No matter WHAT the script is, the same thing happens all the time.
What happens is that the #sub'd name for my clan's skill wearing off will always be put in front of everything that comes from the mud.
I could screw up an exp tracker script, and suddenly my clan skill is being plastered all over my screen with every line of text.
I would say that it's something wrong with the skill, but I don't think so.

#TRIGGER {^@spellup_cskillfade} {#IF (@spellup_cskill!="") {spellup_cskill="false"};#SUBSTITUTE %ansi(high,red)"Oath of Imperium"} "spellup|skills_self|cskill_self"
#VAR spellup_cskillfade {You feel your state of Paladine's grace slip as your dedication wavers.} {_nodef} "spellup|Spell_Variables"

Now, I HIGHLY doubt that studdenly the mud is sending "You feel your state of Paladine's grace slip as your dedication wavers." before every line of text.

Note tho, this does NOT happen EVERYTIME i screw up a script. I haven't been able to figure out the how and why of it all.
It might sound silly, but in the seach section simply type V and see what comes up and search for a single capital V. *shrug*

Vitae
(not itae)

BTW: Corrupted .mud file is not my case at all. I can disable the script that I am working on and all is good again.
Also, at times restarting zmud seems to fix it as well. (without the disabling.)
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 10:55 am   

Zugg wrote:
Click the Prefs button in the toolbar. Expand the pages on the left and you should find the Emulation page.

well, in 7.21 it only has prefs in edit, and nothing about emulator, it doesn't seem to be saying there is a newer version out, is there?
Vitae
Enchanter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 4:55 pm   

koga wrote:
Zugg wrote:

well, in 7.21 it only has prefs in edit, and nothing about emulator, it doesn't seem to be saying there is a newer version out, is there?

Open mud session > View > Prefernces > General > General > Emulation
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2006 9:16 pm   

thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: