 |
Ceres Wanderer
Joined: 25 May 2006 Posts: 88
|
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 7:42 pm
[1.11] Selecting text in a child window stops processing |
Just to clarify - I KNOW THIS IS A BETA.
1. Start CMUD
2. Hit escape to close the Sessions window
3. Create a new window named Test '#Win Test'
4. Create an alarm of 2 seconds with this as a value:
#ADD Test 1
:Test:#SHOW Lets see what happens @Test
5. Create an alarm of 1 seconds with this as a value:
#SHOW Lets see what happens @Test
6. Select (with the mouse) some text within the 'Test' window.
7. Leave it highlighted without clicking back on the main window and wait a couple of minutes
8. Click in the main window and the text will resume being shown in the both windows from the number it was stopped at.
The result is that all the time you have text selected in another window it stops the #ALARM from firing - I wonder what else might be prevented from operating |
|
Last edited by Ceres on Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:08 pm; edited 1 time in total |
|
|
 |
Zugg MASTER

Joined: 25 Sep 2000 Posts: 23379 Location: Colorado, USA
|
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:00 pm |
Wierd, but verified. Not sure what is causing this, but I'll take a look at it.
Clicking a window makes that window the active object. My guess is that when the alarm fires, it somehow thinks that the alarm is no longer in scope, so it stops firing. And this would definitely be a bug because each window is supposed to process it's alarms independently. |
|
|
|
 |
saet Apprentice
Joined: 12 Jun 2006 Posts: 106
|
Posted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 8:25 pm |
Sorry I have to bring this up. It's WEIRD!
|
|
|
|
 |
Taz GURU
Joined: 28 Sep 2000 Posts: 1395 Location: United Kingdom
|
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:01 am |
Ok Ceres I'm going to be PEDANTIC because for a start you have used the wrong word and second you spelt it incorrectly. Sycophant is the correct spelling and it means you are a toady or flatterer, none of which describe the people that were giving you a hard time. Pedantic is the nearest word to describe the actions that occured in the post that you have taken exception to. The best course of action however is to forgive and forget and carry on as normal. If you think you have found a bug and are reporting it here put at the very top of the post "Possible bug report.". If you continue to post to this forum with your current line at the top you are likely to find me deleting your posts no matter what they contain.
|
|
_________________ Taz :) |
|
|
 |
Ceres Wanderer
Joined: 25 May 2006 Posts: 88
|
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:50 am |
Please accept my apologies for the spelling error however I was quite aware of the meaning (if unsure of the spelling).
I am also in no doubt that it is an appropriate word to categorise quite a number of posters on these forums, possibly not as politically correct as some others I could have used but still applicable.
Good luck with the remaining 6 weeks of Beta. |
|
|
|
 |
Taz GURU
Joined: 28 Sep 2000 Posts: 1395 Location: United Kingdom
|
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 12:23 pm |
The thread that irked you was generally a well behaved thread, only one poster was rude and I agree the comment was totally unnecessary, perhaps your response is from a build up of being irked by a semi-general attitude of �it�s a BETA�.
Bear in mind that I was not involved in the original fracas, the only reason I responded the way I did is that I find a line like that at the top of a thread to be unacceptable towards a harmonious forum, it is in no way related to a need to bow down to the almighty. In fact in all likelihood he probably does not agree with my response towards you.
I hope your reason to withdraw from the beta is not a response to me but rather a response to �it�s a BETA�, if it is a response to me then it would be far more beneficial to the overall process if you accept my apology for my rough handedness, however I would still appreciate it if you would stop posting that line. |
|
_________________ Taz :) |
|
|
 |
Zugg MASTER

Joined: 25 Sep 2000 Posts: 23379 Location: Colorado, USA
|
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 4:08 pm |
Sigh. Come on guys, let's not get carried away with this. I'd hate to loose a useful beta tester over something like this. Ceres has posted some useful topics and some complex scripts that have uncovered some obscure bugs.
Yes, I know that we often get people in the forum who don't understand CMUD is a beta and get carried away with rants about it. But I think we might also be getting carried away a bit with the "its a BETA" response. After all, as someone else already noticed, we are probably only about 6 weeks away from the planned public release. This means we (and I) need to start accepting more posts about more problems and use the "its a BETA" excuse less often.
After all, in about a week I'll be sending the CMUD announcement out to all previous zMUD users. That is going to attract a lot of new people to the forum. And while I'm going to try and make it clear that CMUD is still in beta testing, I will be considering it a "final beta testing" phase (at least for the first public version) and will accept all sorts of bug reports and criticism.
Sorry this thread got sidetracked like this. But let's all try to get along. We all want the same thing here (the best MUD client ever).
So Ceres: maybe you can just remove that first line from your posts. And everyone else can use the "its a BETA" response a bit less. |
|
|
|
 |
Ceres Wanderer
Joined: 25 May 2006 Posts: 88
|
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 6:16 pm |
Thanks for your post Zugg
I have removed the portion of the line that has irked Taz, as it is was somewhat confrontational.
I agree with you that we all want the same thing (the best MUD client ever).
Taz, perhaps we both should learn to make use of the 'pm' function of the forums to take issue with posters who aggravate us.
I probably need to learn it more than you  |
|
|
|
 |
Taz GURU
Joined: 28 Sep 2000 Posts: 1395 Location: United Kingdom
|
Posted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:07 pm |
'pm' is useful I should use it more too.
|
|
_________________ Taz :) |
|
|
 |
|
|
|