Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
eironia
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:50 am   

License Question

I have two computers, desktop and laptop, both of which I use for mudding. Sometimes a friend will come over and we'll LAN party - under the old licensing system, this was no problem. In fact, I used such an occasion to lure another friend into buying Zmud.

I've upgraded to the most recent on my desktop, not yet on my laptop. If I understand correctly, once I upgrade on my laptop, Zmud can't be used on both computers simultaneously?

My friend has the latest Zmud on her home computer - she just isn't going to carry a desktop over to LAN party. Is there any allowance for switching up licenses? Or does this new system mean that I either can't upgrade both, or one of us is going to be stuck with Gmud or telnet?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 4:43 pm   

Technically zMUD is licensed to the *user* and not the computer. Since you are the owner of both the desktop and laptop systems, then it's not technically a violation. Yes, you are not supposed to use two copies of the same license at the same time, but this is "more of a guideline" and isn't enforced. As long as both computers belong to you and using them both at the same time is only an occasional issue, then it shouldn't be a problem.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: