Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:55 am   

trigger help

I am looking to put all of my affliction messages into a single trigger, however when doing this the trigger is really slow. How can I do this and make just as quick as possibe, or as close to as fast as if they were all seperated.
rajasetan
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 5:11 pm   

Perhaps you can give more info, such as:
- actual affliction messages
- what you need to do (if any) to get these messages
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 6:53 pm   

trigger: (*)${Your mind feels suddenly confused and jumbled.|Your head spins as your mind is drowned|You reel as the beam strikes, dazzled and confused.|The bubonis entity strokes your forehead and|Your head spins as your mind is drowned in chaos and confusion.}$(*)

sends: #IF (("%1" <> "** Illusion **") and ("%3" <> "** Illusion **")) {Heal Confusion}

this is what I've tried but its way to slow, it waited like a second or two before sending the heal confusion
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 10:15 pm   

that setup just seems a bit odd to me, but here is how i would do it taking these assumptions.

#tr {{Your mind feels suddenly confused and jumbled.|Your head spins as your mind is drowned|You reel as the beam strikes, dazzled and confused.|The bubonis entity strokes your forehead and|Your head spins as your mind is drowned in chaos and confusion.}} {#additem afflictions confusion;Heal %pop(@afflictions)} This will populate afflictions with confusion, and since it is using #additem no duplicates are allowed. I don't know what the importance of the illusion is so i can't give you help if that needs to be considered with the given information. the %pop will use the next variable from the afflictions list then remove it.
rajasetan
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:19 am   

I'm guessing this is for Achaea.

The lifevision can come both before or after the affliction message. The way I suggest is to concentrate more on the "** Illusion **" line.

A rather simple way to approach it is by having the lifevision illusion detection turn off the affliction tracking,
#TRIGGER {^~*~* Illusion ~*~*$} {turn off affliction tracking; and clear curing queues}
This way, if the ** Illusion ** line comes first, it won't track the coming affliction lines; and if it comes after the affliction line then it will clear the queue.

And don't forget to turn affliction tracking back on on the prompt
#TRIGGER {^%dh, %m} {turn affliction tracking back on}

This is just an example. It really depends on the way you have your curing script setup, like how you track the afflictions etc.
Strakc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 4:01 am   

Well with what I already have for illusions it works just fine, only problem is I dont really like having 10 triggers for one thing, its just a big mess of repeated commands over and over, so I want to put them all into one trigger which I tried, it worked but it was just reaaaaaaly slow.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: