Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:23 pm   

syntax checker

the syntax checker has been pretty bad for me, it shows errors on scripts that i use fine with zmud. the most common errors it shows are unmatched parens that are really matched. i was thinking that maybe the parens should flash or blink when you enter them in as they are paired would be a nice feature. also i wish the syntax checker had a quick-key so you don't have to go to format->syntax check with your mouse. on a line like this,
#ALIAS bstop {#var lastroom %roomnum;#T- bot}
i get a command list expected at row 10 col 9 which just doesnt sound right to me.
Rorso
Wizard

PostPosted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:34 pm   

Seems to work fine for me. What version of the client are you using?
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:15 am   

1.03 i am using
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:18 am   

Sometimes you can get this error when you have a script running and a previous command wasn't closed out properly. Is this part of a bigger trigger or alias?

Oh, and zMUD's syntax checker wasn't the best. I get syntax errors on things that work fine and on some of those if I correct the syntax like it thinks it should it doesn't do what I want it to. So your example may not really have been the best syntax in zMUD but its checker didn't see it.

Just thoughts.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:50 pm   

As usual, if you want to report problems with the syntax checker, you need to include the EXACT script text that is causing the error.

The error about unmatched parens is a pretty generic error that the syntax checker gives when it gets confused. I'm trying to improve the error reporting, but error reporting in yacc-based parsers has always been a problem, so the error reporting will probably never be really great.

And yes, a short-cut key for the syntax check is planned.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:56 am   

Well also this can occur with word wrap turned on if the line goes over 1 line. I think the rest of the explinations were said by zugg.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: