Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 6:44 pm   

High priority issues for v1.04

Here is a list of high-priority problems in v1.03 that I'm working on for the 1.04 release.
  • Updated docking system. Fix problem where windows are hidden instead of fully closed. [fixed for 1.04]
  • Fix parser handling %1 with database variables (e.g. @var.%1) [fixed for 1.04]
  • Fix display/editing of database variables in settings editor [fixed for 1.04]
  • Initial package files are not being created [fixed for 1.04]
  • Created settings not going to correct package [fixed for 1.04]
  • Big mess with multiple sessions/packages (see other thread) [lots of changes in 1.04. Lots of bugs fixed, but probably new bugs]
  • Still an obscure issue with aliases not executing other aliases [fixed for 1.04]
  • Problem with speedwalking commands containing parenthesis like .e(open door)e [fixed for 1.04]
  • Periods in text cause spaces to be stripped [fixed for 1.04]

I've already fixed about 50 crash bugs from my list of several hundred crash reports. But I'm starting to see that to fix many of the crash bugs, I need to first deal with the above list of big problems. So now I'm going to focus my attention on the above list and see what I can do.

Last edited by Zugg on Sat Aug 19, 2006 3:58 am; edited 8 times in total
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:29 pm   

sounds like a good plan. And dont get to disheartened this is exactly what betas are for ^^
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 9:51 pm   

I agree with edb.

Also not specifically for 1.04 but in the future, please consider the possible removal of %0, %0 was never documented unlike %1 to %99 and %-1 to %-99. I'm fairly certain that you told the gurus it was a parser bug and not to encourage the use of it as it may disappear in future versions and that the correct value was %-1 anyway. Also in C this would refer to the calling process, the program name, so in zMUD/CMUD the alias, I think this could be useful for an alias but not logical for a trigger. On .mud to .pkg translation you could scan for %0 and replace it with the correct %-1 usage.

Anyway I know you put it in CMUD as you feel it will help with compatibility and of course totally ignore the request if it ticks you off.

We could of course attempt a discussion of history and figure out once and for all if it was a zMUD parser bug, any point in doing so, probably not.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:31 pm   

I believe %0 comes from regex. I never heard of %-1 though.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:53 pm   

yejun wrote:
I believe %0 comes from regex. I never heard of %-1 though.
Search the zMUD help file, you will come across %-1 to %-99 in the #ALIAS entry, %0 is mentioned in #MXPTRIG and perhaps when MXP was added to zMUD the alias %0 bug came along with it.
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:03 am   

Taz wrote:
Search the zMUD help file, you will come across %-1 to %-99 in the #ALIAS entry, %0 is mentioned in #MXPTRIG and perhaps when MXP was added to zMUD the alias %0 bug came along with it.

Thanks for the information, I never know that before. I more like tinyfugue way of handling parameters.
Juran

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 4:47 pm   

Does "Created settings not going to correct package" fix the seeming inability of packages to save settings properly if you move something from the package it was created in and a new one?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 6:17 pm   

Juran: That's not the name of that bug, but yes, that issue should be fixed in 1.04.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: