Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:15 pm   

Preference Saving Issue

Anyone else still having a problem with preferences not saving before exiting?

I only uncheck a couple items, and when I do things work the way I want. But even after 1.01 this isn't staying between sessions.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:22 pm   

sometimes it does sometimes it doesnt.. I only seem to get it to work on clicking close not X but shrug. still havent gotten back to that problem yet.
Enchanter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:27 pm   

yeah, I always click on the close button and have the problem.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 11:39 pm   

I can't save any preferences inside the "Default" package, but I've never had an issue with saving them in my "Mud" package.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:11 am   

I mean preferences as in things like emulation or word wrapping. These shouldn't have anything to do with packages right?
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:02 am   

right. those save or seem they are supposed to save each time you close the window down. I have even had them reset on me. I am wondering if they are saved in the "DEFAULT" package itself that the Connection was created under. NOt sure as i said this at least to this point hasnt been a huge problem for me. I do the settings one by one unlti it crashed and do it again till i have them the way i want them.
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:30 am   

They seem to be stored in 3 different places - cmud.ini, default.pkg, and yourmud.pkg ... I think we need to make a list of which ones aren't saving.

The only ones I've noticed is:
- window font
- tick timer command

These two are actually not being saved properly because they are getting surrounded by single quotes eg 'Courier New' ... that makes the font not found since the single quotes are getting in the way.

I used a hex editor and hacked out the single quotes in my mud.pkg file and it's been working fine for me now...

So, anyway back to what I said before - make a list of the ones that aren't saving so we can consolidate them and verify them for Zugg to check out.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:55 am   

My fonts work fine with one exception after changing the font i typically have to switch themes to get it to take ahold. (this was reported to zugg in a report 3 days ago. I am not sure why.

As to my checkmarks changing my "Special Characters" tends to reset at times and crashes the program on occasion.

There are times the entire set of PREFERENCES resets to the default without me telling it too. It happens sporatically and up to this point i havent been able to reproduce it at will.
Attempting to delete a button while automatic gauges are enabled will cause a crash.

Once i removed the files from my setup and started with a clean PKG file instead of using a default one things have been better but thats what i noticed so far. I will test this more speficially later.
Dumas
Enchanter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 12:07 pm   

yeah, it has now become sporadic. I'm sure Zugg will figure out any lingering issues with this when he gets back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: