Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:32 pm   

Anyone else having a heck of a time with settings

I am having a heck of a time just getting started with a blank settings window.

If i create a brand new session and input the information it works okay connecting. I edit the Preferences Crash or it doesnt save them. I create triggers/aliases doesnt save them even when clicking save.

I seem to be having one heck of a time getting going.

I hope this isnt due to the fact i havent bought the license. I am still contimplating that one and deciding whether to take tech up on his offer.

Ive been watching the forums though and no one else seems to be reporting major problems getting things going. Its strange.

Yes im on WINXP Pro SP 2 and WINXP Home both machines do the same thing.
Daganev
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:33 pm   

At this time it appears, only the Command prompt works.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:36 pm   

There are problems with the settings editor, definitely. Trying to narrow it down a bit, but I think only Zugg can truly find it with his behind-the-scenes view of everything.

Creating new things in the settings editor is hit-or-miss for me. Creating them on the command line works very well, for basic commands. My complex scripts yield many script parser errors at odd places, such as commands missing arguments (when they're supposed to be optional ones like class or options).
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:46 pm   

I however cant even get begun. I create the new session a blank template with nothing in it. Personally because i hate the auto gauges and they are default. So i uncheck them. Save settings quit the mud close cmud. Reopen reconnect still checked. try again crash. try again no save. When i do manage to get that to save. Then i create my triggers one by one and they work. Save settings quit cmud restart they arent there. Open the package crash.

I had the same thought larkin starting from the simplest point. Problem is i cant even get through setting the preferences for a blank template without it dying or not saving them. I can use the pre-existing one and it works for that part but doesnt save the triggers lol
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:52 pm   

I can't save my prefs either... I've saved and restarted about three dozen times just for kicks and it never loaded them properly even once... even then, just closing the window and testing the new prefs don't take affect, so it's not just that it's not reloading them... they were never saved in the first place :P But yeah, you aren't the only one. I haven't even attempted to deal with any scripts yet, I'm just trying for basic preferences and appropriate color support :P
Daganev
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:59 pm   

Don't forget taht little feature about having certain packages loaded with a charachter in a session.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:08 pm   

yeah when i attach it boom crash. or if it does open no settings just the package.
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 9:08 pm   

although i think i can make this all work with the editor window cause i can send the script into the file.
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:06 am   

So far I am getting the feeling this problem is related to physical file location.

New packages/settings seem to attempt overwrite default.pkg in the CMUD root directory.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: