Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
cothien

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:10 pm   

2 Bugs

didnt see a bug forum but thought i would make mention in the forums here.

1) if you delete all the mud listings its will cause a crash, or did here on my pcs.

2) if you create a new session and click save and connect, it will connect to the first mud in the session manager and not the one you just created
Track

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:36 pm   

It looks like if you create a new session and then try to save it without giving it a Session Title it will crash. If I enter in the Session Title, then it saves and closes fine. Also Right clicking on the session doesn't seem to bring up the menu its supposed too.

I tried to send a report but I can't from work it seems.
LazarusSnow

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:38 pm   

3) using a large map from my zmud, when i change zones in the world the map goes to the zone selection drop down box. It stays there instead of returning to the input bar so i can continue moving.

I can get screen caps if you think it will help, but I think my description describes the problem well enough.

ps. i deleted all the mud listings, and mine did not crash.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:39 pm   

also the oddwood theme is screwed so just avoid it atm :P
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:43 pm   

almost any bug can be reported by using the FEEDBACK OPTION in cmud. THis will allow you to attach a screenshot which is extremely important for any visual bug.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:45 pm   

edb6377 wrote:
also the oddwood theme is screwed so just avoid it atm :P

Oddworld seems to work fine for me...its just...odd ;)
cothien

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:46 pm   

aye i do like that feature.

anyone having problem using aliases that are with / in the front '/command' not working?
Baram
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:58 pm   

If you have a mud that's trying to reconnect, and have the session window open, it will close the session window on you... irritated me.

Also if anyone uses the script to control winamp from zMud, and understands how it works better than I, I will love you forever if you can port it!
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:59 pm   

People, please post each separate bug into a NEW post. I already counted 4 different bugs here.
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:07 pm   

I tried the feedback option and accidentally fired off a bad screenshot with my report. The screen had been wiped clear before I submitted the feedback. I thought I'd have the option to attach my own (reduced) image to the feedback. Oops.

In playing with it for a half hour or so, here's what I've found:

1. Created a new profile. Copied old .mud file from zMUD directory to CMUD directory. Opened profile in offline mode and saw none of my old settings loaded at all.
2. Opened old .mud file from the Settings editor. Buttons took more than a minute to load and they are all on top of each other. Can find no way to move them around easily.
3. Disabling a button doesn't disable it, and neither does disabling the folder it's in or any parent folder of that folder.
4. How do I import my old scripts? All I can find is XML import/export options now.
5. (Very minor) Moving over a checkbox control and quickly moving away leaves it in its "highlighted" state.
6. Status line doesn't expand function calls. Using %ansi to change colors doesn't work. MXP does work in the status line.
7. Weird behavior when enabling/disabling status line items when other items exist. The show/hide doesn't match up with the enable/disable. Not sure what's going on there.
8. Changing a variable directly (target = Bob) causes a status bar refresh. Changing it through an alias (t Jack, where t does target = Jack) does not refresh the status bar, and using #show @target verifies that the variable has changed.
9. Deselecting the Map button on the toolbar doesn't hide the map window. Auto-hide doesn't sync with the Map button, either, when it shows/hides the map window. Also, no option to undock the map window?
10. Session Title should be the name of the icon on the session list. Currently, it's taking the ID as the icon title instead.

Screenshots of buttons: Old zMUD layout & New CMUD layout

Edit: It might be good to post these in separate posts, but the number of threads would expand very quickly and might be even worse than this method. If there's some way Zugg prefers to receive these reports, hopefully he'll let us know?
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:26 pm   

Larkin,

Zugg did let us know about the reports. Please look here: http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=23702
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:39 pm   

He posted that as I was writing my post. I got it now, though. Thanks. :P
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:42 pm   

I thought I'd have the option to attach my own (reduced) image to the feedback. Oops.

you do click the image and it will load in Paint. You can paste your own screenshot and save it then send it in
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:46 pm   

Has anybody been able to get new triggers or sessions working in Rapture/IRE based games?
gamma_ray
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:06 pm   

I'm submitting a proper bug report, but here it is: Colors are coming out funny for me. When the mud sends a dark (plain) colour, it shows as high/bright. When it sends a bright colour, it shows as bright and bold.

I tried the following statements in CMud and my normal ZMud and came up with different results each time:
Code:
#show {%ansi(green) ansi(green)}
#show {%ansi(high,green) ansi(high,green)}
#show {%char(27)~[1;32m bright green}

Notably, in CMud the second line produces a dark green while the third line produces a bright, bold green, even though they're supposed to produce the same colour (and do produce the same colour in ZMud).
Arlie
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 7:24 pm   

I get that problem also, gamma_ray. I suspect it has to do with the bolding options... I got it working right once when I had it reverse the foreground colors and then changed the bold dropdown option (in ANSI attributes) to 'Toggle Bright/Dim'. Problem is, every time the window closes it erases all changed settings. And ever since the first time I did it, changing almost any of the settings doesn't change a thing in game anymore. No matter what I change it just stays the exact same. I suppose it'll be sorted in time though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: