Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Aeolus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:06 pm   

Gift/Raffle

I bought my Zmud/Zmapper package in the time frame that has me fall into the 50% crowd. I cannot say how much I love using both programs. I plan on ordering CMUD as soon as Zugg alows the process to begin but I had a question.

I love your hard work you put into your programs and wanted to know if I could purchase extra licenses for them to be given out to people here on the boards. Some sort of raffle to pick the winners or something that is unbiased. Prefer it to be people who cant afford it on their own, but I'd like to hear what Zugg can say about this, or any of the others who may have any ideas.
LazarusSnow

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:40 am   

You could run it yourself and have a 'contest' where people PM you their story of how poor they are, or what not... I know I am a poor college student that will make room for this little treat to myself, but something like this would be great. An unbiased way of doing things is much harder to pull off when you start considering income. For that is a bias in and of itself.
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:14 am   

I believe you have to be careful as far as raffle/competition is concerned due to legal issues about entry rules etc. Just stick to it being a gift.

Let people know on the forum that you will be giving away say 5 gifts of CMUD upon application of valid reason, it's not a competition then.
Wizard

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 1:38 pm   

I heard someone mention on one of these other threads that he might purchase a CMUD (Pro? Very Happy ) license for those who wrote and gave away their awesome scripts for IRE games. I'm still hoping I fall into that category and that they were serious about it. Wink
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006 3:56 pm   

That's not a bad idea. I may do that for my mud.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006 9:52 pm   

I was tossing back and forth about which way to go.....Keeping this available to some lucky folks on my mud, or expanding to include the people here on the forums. Still not sure on how to go about doing it though.... Confused
Baram
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:43 pm   

Larkin wrote:
I heard someone mention on one of these other threads that he might purchase a CMUD (Pro? Very Happy ) license for those who wrote and gave away their awesome scripts for IRE games. I'm still hoping I fall into that category and that they were serious about it. Wink

We have made an agreement with a good scripter(and maker of fancy looking zMud) to produce a basic set of scripts, with a nice skin, for our first game Ilyrias. We agreed to buy him a copy of cMud, and to give him some Angelstone(our version of credits) in return for his work.
Tornhelm
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2006 8:59 am   

Larkin that was me, and yeah - I am gonna buy a couple of licenses for that. I will get back to you on wether its normal CMUD or Pro later. Twisted Evil I will probably end up miagrating more towards your stuff anyway now since Hathrael will be stuck on zmud for a while, which will make using some of his stuff a pain in the ass.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: