Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:30 pm   

MXP Support

Are you going to have a more robust feature set in CMUD to handle MXP in muds now adays.

The thing that came to mind first is i.e. Quite a few clients include a status bar display of hp sp st EnemyHP etc. I realize thats what plugins are for however right now i script a few things and as you can only have 1 active button for example this also causes problems with multple stat bars. I hate having to use my Status window. status bar to display these things as i have other uses for those.

I have figured that you will have a more robust MXP feature set included in cmud as you obviously are the MXP source.

So i guess in short i am curious about what improvements if any you have made to MXP handling?

as well as if you are considering at least adding the hitpoint mana stamina enemy health gauges as a default in the new version as its common to almost every mud anymore.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:45 am   

MXP already has support for gauges. Since it's an optional part of MXP, most MUDs ignore it. But I can't do much about that. Take a look at the MXP spec and you see automatic gauges and automatic status bar items in the spec.

However, to answer your question, yes I have many plans for adding things MXP, but I'm not ready to reveal them yet Twisted Evil
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:56 am   

I hope <!event> or something similar is a member of that secretive society! That alone would probably solve most of the problems I come up against trying to use MXP.
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:09 am   

Matt, could you describe more about what you'd like to see with ?
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:40 am   

Yes i have seen the specs and read them to help develop sound sound plugins for MXP on a couple muds. Its not nearly as used as it should be.

It would be nice to see CMUD with one built in where we just plug in the variables that is actually somewhat stylish ROFL. I made my own thing Ill post it to give you an idea of what i did but its not how i want it. Im looking forward to the hideaway windows

Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:17 am   

Holy FUNK! I thought I had crazy scripts setup..thats intense
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:17 am   

<offtopic>That is one funky status window, "me like teh status Shocked"</offtopic>

Something I'd like to see in MXP though I'm fairly sure it is not viable is timed/disolving links.

Exits would be good with this, as soon as you click on a valid exit link and go that way all the other
exit links become inactive or entirely unclickable.
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 4:53 pm   

Wow, edb6377, have you sent me your settings files for this yet? Looks like a great CMUD test!

Looks like you are one of the people who will really benefit from the customizeable ZML (from zApp) user interface windows in future versions of CMUD. Then you could replace your "text" gauges with graphical ones.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 9:24 pm   

This should already be moreorless possible with the EXPIRE keyword, Taz. I don't recall the help text, though, so you might have to handle this manually.
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 1:35 am   

No i havent zugg :) Its only about 1/2 done :) I would be more than happy to send you what you need so you can run around with it
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 3:25 am   

Matt I just looked at the expire in MXP and yes that is exactly what I'd like to see muds doing. Unfortunately
I haven't yet been on a mud that has done exits like that.

A big yay to Zugg for having put it in there in the first place Very Happy!!
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 3:48 am   

yeah some of the MXP referencing that needs to be done atm just arent being done by MUD OPs yet. Not sure if its their inability to grasp it or if its just a matter of having lots of other things to do or what. We are pushing hard on it i know that.
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:41 am   

I can happily say that as of yesterday MXP references were implimented in a much bigger fashion on materiamagica after a successful push to do so. They were actually implimented on the 12th before i made the post but hadnt taken effect yet.

Code:

1610 04-16-2006 Vassago Fixed a rogue color code that might have been misaligning the right click menu in inventory items for MXP.
1608 04-16-2006 Vassago **REBOOT**
1602 04-02-2006 Vassago Added various and sundry MXP improvements.

They took effect on reboot of the server. Thus ending a an uphill climb of more than 6 months trying to get him to further MXP implimentation and another set of posts by myself and others regarding an error in his implimentation that he originally blamed on the software but rather found out wasnt the case pursuant to our posts.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 5:59 am   

Wonderful news! Once the CMUD beta is out the door, I want to spend a bit more time with the list of MXP MUDs (and update that list). I'm getting a new MUD list feed from the MUD Connector that will have the MSP and MXP support flags in it, so it will be easier in CMUD to choose an "enhanced" MUD.

Hopefully when I start talking about MXP enhancements for CMUD later this year I'll be able to get MateriaMagica interested in them. Things like "CSS for MXP" and more mapping support are going to be pretty useful.

Back when MXP was first developed, it was hard to debug it and advance it because there were few MUDs supporting it. Now that there are more and more MUDs using MXP, and more clients implementing MXP, perhaps we are back to the day when we can start working on improving it again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: