Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Sir1l
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 3:02 am   

SSH

I've read a few times that ssh will be able to be used with cmud, will it be working on the first beta version?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 4:56 pm   

No. SSH will be part of the CMUD-Pro enhancement later this year and will cost extra.
Krule
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:05 am   

Hmm..I'd definatly be interested in a zTelnet like product with SSH/Tab support... How hard would that be, or is that in the works?
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 9:01 am   

Sir1l,

This is from Zugg's 2006 New Year's Letter:

http://forums.zuggsoft.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=22836

Quote:
In 2006 you'll see the first Beta version of CMUD around the end of March (release dates always subject to change). Then, during the Beta period, you will see many new enhancements added to CMUD with regular updates. You'll also see a CMUD-Pro expansion that integrates the former zMapper functionality with CMUD, and adds SSH support. You'll also see a zTelnet product that strips out the MUD-specific features of CMUD, and adds just the SSH features from the CMUD-Pro expansion into a separate product for the business market.
edb6377
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 12:11 am   

Might be important to note the pricing difference zugg. I purchased your zmud product in early days when you were still kind of getting things going. I later purchased a newer copy for myself in 1999. Obviously with your new upgrade stipulations even though i was one of the original purchasers i fall under the 50% clause even though i have 3 copies of zmud at this moment.

While i have some personal qualms regarding that i understand. However if i purchase the CMUD Standard to take benefit from my 50% discount so i dont lose it but really want the PRO version although it will be delayed compared to the standard version am i going to have to pay twice to get the product i originally intend to get.

Might be nice to have some clarification here. Simply put 50% of pro version isnt the same as 50% of standard version. AM i responsible for the difference in that way or the difference from 100% of standard and 100% of normal -->

What exactly should we expect to pay for the upgrade from CMUD since many of us will purchase the standard off the bat to ensure you feel you are getting compensated for your work and to ensure we get our discounts where applicable
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:06 am   

The "Pro" version really isn't the right name to use...I just haven't thought of anything better yet.

The "Pro" version isn't the entire program...it's an addon. So, think of the "Pro" version as a "plugin" or something like that. You need the normal version of CMUD in order to use the Pro plugin. The cost of the Pro plugin has nothing to do with whether you have purchased zMUD in the past or not.

I haven't yet decided how all of this pricing will work yet, which is why I haven't really announced anything. I'm also trying to decide whether to have lots of different "plugins" (like zMapper, SSH, Database, etc) each with it's own price, or if I should "bundle" all of the plugins into a single "Pro" plugin.

For example, people who want the SSH plugin might not care about the zMapper enhancements. So maybe there should be a bunch of little plugins with lower prices, rather than one "big" plugin with a higher price.

That's the kind of stuff I'm still deciding.

In your case, if you qualify for the 50% discount, then you will get the base version of CMUD for $14.95. If you want SSH support, you would later buy the SSH plugin for whatever full price it has. While I might implement discounts for various customers (for example, people who bought zApp or zMapper might get a discount on something, or people who buy CMUD early in the beta might get a plugin discount), you should expect by default to pay normal prices for the plugins. The 50% discount only applies to the main CMUD application.
bortaS
Magician

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:27 am   

Why not include both a Bundled Package, and the ability to buy the other addons separately? I believe that separate addons will make them impulse buys for a lot of people.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 5:04 am   

I think you definately should have them as seperate plugins, you can 'bundle' them in the shopping cart, but they should all come seperately regardless.

Eg if you buy the 'mega' bundle, you get "CMUD + All Plugins" for (eg) $49.95. This would issue with a serial for CMUD, a serial for SSH, a serial for Mapper, a serial for Database, etc. Or you can buy CMUD for (eg) $29.95 and SSH for $9.95 if you are that way inclined and only get those 2 serial #'s.

The bonus with that too, is you can 'try' ssh for 30 days or whatever, then decide to buy it without wasting your trial for mapper, or whatever.
Baram
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:46 am   

Will the SSH plugin support RSA and DSA keys? I hate having to retype passwords all the time, heh.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: