Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:46 pm   

Zuggsoft announces: World of Zugg - LAMMORPG

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

April 1st, 2006: Zugg Software has announced the release of a revolutionary new role playing experience: The World of Zugg (WoZ) is the world's first LAMMORPG (Live Action Massively Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game). For a mere $20,000 a month, players are transported to a secret location in the South Pacific where they battle the elements and each other to survive. During the recent closed media beta test, a couple of reviewers made it back to report on status of the game. Here is the preview from GamePot:
Quote:

I've just returned from the preview of World of Zugg and all I can say is: WoW! err WoZ! I've never experienced anything more immersive in my life. The graphics are simply stunning. There is no fog effect or horizon effect. Anything you can see in the distance you can walk to. The trees sway in the wind and you can see each blade of grass. The physics engine must be experienced to be believed. The entire environment is interactive. You can even pick up a rock and throw it at a tree and knock a piece of fruit to the ground and then eat it!

There is a lot to explore. The island is much bigger than you first think. You start on a beach but soon find caves and cliffs and even hatches in the ground leading to mysterious underground areas. There are no instance-dungeons in this game. Everyone shares the same experience and the same areas to explore. Also, I didn't encounter any loading times as I went from one area to another.

The PvE experience still needs some improvements. There isn't much high-level content yet, and it gets a bit tiring killing rats and snakes all of the time. Also, the respawn rate seemed a bit slow. Leveling up takes a long time. One of my teammates encountered a wild boar that was much higher in level and didn't survive. We heard something massive moving through the jungle one night, felling trees as it moved, but that was the only high-level mob that we saw. Spokespersons for Zuggsoft mentioned that the high level content would be added as more players reached the higher levels, which was expected to take a while.

One of my biggest complaints is the death penalty. It's much too severe. You loose everything...I mean *everything*. When asked about this, Zuggsoft responded: "Hey, you get what you pay for! If you want some newbie-friendly game where death is meaningless, then go play Guild Wars or something."

WoZ has a fully developed crafting system and very flexible player housing. You can literally make your own house anywhere you want from scratch. Clear the forest and start building. With help from your fellow guild-mates, you could even create an entire player-run city! However, crafting materials are scarce and protecting a valuable resource becomes a big part of the game.

And this is where WoZ really shines: the PvP system. No hand-holding here...anyone can kill anyone else. And with the severe death penalty, this isn't the typical gank-fest of most games. More stealth and skill are involved. Players that simply go into an area killing everything in sight don't last long in this game.

With it's record-setting monthly fees, WoZ isn't for everyone. Zuggsoft said "WoZ is for hard-core gamers. People looking for something inexpensive should just buy zMUD and play free MUD games. But if you have what it takes physically, mentally, and financially, then WoZ can't be beat."

No formal public release date has been set. Apparently Zuggsoft is still working out some legal details in the 30-page end-user license agreement that must be signed before playing. But whenever it's released, count me in. I can't wait to go back. A definite 10 out of 10!
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:10 pm   

*rofl*
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2006 7:16 pm   

i think this may be what ive been looking for... the last feature a mmorpmphrhh (whatever!) needs....

does it have realistic toilet facilities? i play imperian and havent been to the loo in over 45 years.

*cough*
SilentDawn
Beginner

PostPosted: Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:36 pm   

Sounds PERFECT!!!

Now all I need are:
1) New printing press (How else could I cover the $20k / mth)
2) A personal trauma team (I have a reputation for misadventures)

A great laugh though :)
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:10 am   

Another great Zuggsoft release. I especially loved seeing a few of the beta testers fail to cover the monthly fee, the way they were deleted was just the best graphic ever.
Guinn
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 2:58 pm   

Quote:
players are transported to a secret location in the South Pacific where they battle the elements and each other to survive

Was a great idea signing up to have the beta testing highlights aired on Wednesdays on ABC too. Loving the 'Others' storyline - and can't wait til Sawyer and Jack reach lvl 60 and can take on the polar bear.
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:36 pm   

I heard that Sawyer and Jack were forming an alliance while Grog and Krul were forming a horde.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: