Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
adamwalker
Apprentice

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 2:39 pm   

Using two status bars

anyone know how i can use and display 2 status bars at the same time, one above the other...

i cant seem to work it out.

thanks
geosmith
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2006 5:54 pm   

It isn't possible to have two status bars - what you can do, however, is open the status window (select "windows/status" from the main zMUD menu). Now any information entered into the "window" section of the one status bar you can have will be displayed there. Alternatively, create a seperator style button, position it wherever you want, and have that display the relevant information instead.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 6:58 am   

It is possible to use two status bars. You just can't tile them vertically.
GURU

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 5:19 pm   

2 status bars tiled vertically, but I wouldn't have thought it would be very easy to use.

Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 26, 2006 7:46 pm   ooh?

how did you achieve that? i cant quite get it to display both.

Im hoping this is something that can be achieved more effectively in the future with CMUD and ZAPP integration.

thanks for the help guys
Taz
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:33 am   

Two mud windows, neither docked, right click in each mud window and turn off the command line, turn on the status bar, turn off caption on top. Then resize one so there is no output showing at all only the status bar, you have to leave mud output on though otherwise you end up with only a very small movable title bar. Having turned off the command line on each mud window you end up with a free floating command line which is difficult to move but can be done if you click and hold on the very top part of it. Now just move and size until you get everything in the right place. The command line will send commands to whichever window has the focus, of course if your shrunk up one that shows only the status bar has focus and you send a command you will think nothing is happening.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: