Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.  This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion
krzysk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 11:03 am   

Problems with ZAPP

I have many problems with dev app with zapp:
- i cant make app with polish language i cant use polish characters
- problem with dialogs open file,save file,calendar on browse,filters on browse,groupbox on browse ... many dialogs can use winapi and can be multi language
- problem with navigator icons, i dont see this icons
- problem with ini var when i set var section and ininame this var dont save in ini value
- problem with FieldDefs Type and Size have wrong value on Oracle
- i want use Memo to print reports but printpreview window dont have print button

Can i fix this problem? and how?
krzysk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 1:03 pm   

Can i bind other icon to *.exe (zapp pro) and change author description for this *.exe ?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 6:49 pm   

1) zApp doesn't have full support for Unicode languages right now, sorry. Multi-language support is not one of the features of zApp.
2) This is probably related to (1). To enable the Theme support, zApp does not call the standard Windows dialogs, so that dialogs in zApp are not multilingual.
3) Not sure what "navigator icons" you are talking about. Are you talking about one of the demo apps?
4) Again, you need to show the specific code that isn't working to get more help on this.
5) I don't have an Oracle database server to test with, so zApp was never tested with Oracle, but if you post more specific details on the exact code that isn't working then maybe we can help more.
6) I'll take a look at that. But in the meantime you just need to add your own button to the toolbar to access the print function.
7) With a resource editor you should be able to change the icon for the free zApp runtime exe. But you can't change the icon for zApp End-User or zApp Pro because these files are copy protected and changing the EXE will cause them not to work. By "author description" I assume you are talking about the Version resource strings, and again, you can change them in the zApp runtime with a resource editor.
krzysk

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:49 pm   

Very thanks for fast and useful reply.

Navigator (database navigator):
Code:

<toolbar name='maintoolbar' dropdown='false'>
    <navigator/>
  </toolbar>

On computer with windows xp icons is visible but on other computer with windows 2000 i dont see this icons.

This is part of code:
Code:

<window name='main' caption='&AppTitle;' width="640" height="480">
  <var name='BlueSyn' section="syntax" ininame="blue"/>
  <var name='GreenSyn' section="syntax" ininame="green"/>
     <script>
   if BlueSyn.Value="" then
      BlueSyn.Value="CREATE|TABLE|DELETE|UPDATE|SELECT|FROM|WHERE|SET|INSERT"
        end if
     </script>

Only one variable save data in ini file.

Code:

DIM A(3,DbQuery.FieldCount()-1)
         for i = 0 to DbQuery.FieldCount()-1
            A(0,i)=DbQuery.FieldDefs(i).Name
            A(1,i)=DbQuery.FieldDefs(i).DataType
            A(2,i)=DbQuery.FieldDefs(i).Size
            A(3,i)=DbQuery.FieldDefs(i).Precision
         next

This array i bind to Grid.Data and i see wrong values for datypes and size.
Datypes on oracle for wrong field is Number,size=10,precision=0 but on array i have Float,Size=0 and precision=9.
Connection for this code is:
ADO->MICROSOFT OLE DB PROVIDER FOR ODBC DRIVER
ODBC DRIVER->MICROSOFT ODBC FOR ORACLE
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 5:16 pm   

Please be sure to refer to the numbered issues when posting multiple problems so that we can keep track of the questions and solutions.

(3) I have no idea why the icons won't display on Windows 2000. They work fine on my test system here. Try running the DBVIEW.ZML demo application and change the theme in the Theme menu or turn off the theme and see if that makes any difference.

(4) It only saves the variables to the INI file when you actually assign a value. In the code that you show, only BlueSyn.Value is assigned to, so only the BlueSyn variable will be written to the INI file. Assign a value to GreenSyn and then it should be written to the file as well.

(5) Since you are using the Microsoft ODBC driver and not the internal Oracle support, then there isn't much I can do to help with this. zApp is just reporting the information sent from the Microsoft ODBC driver. If you have Oracle installed then it would probably be better to use the built-in Oracle protocol for the connection. But you'll need the Oracle client DLL files which are not distributeable.

If you must use the ODBC drivers, then you'll probably need to do a Google search to learn about what the problems with this driver and Oracle might be. When using ODBC there is no way for zApp to know the actual database type that you are using...all zApp can do is query the ODBC driver and report what it returns.

Again, you might want to take a look at the DBVIEW.ZML demo application to see how to write a database program that can handle different types of databases.
krzysk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:03 pm   

3) i reinstall system Windows 2000 and now i see icons. I dont have idea what do this problem.
5) hmm i cant use oracle client. But i try use field table on oracle server.

I have one more question can i block custom filter on Grid i dont find any param for this ?
krzysk

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:36 pm   

Quote:
7) With a resource editor you should be able to change the icon for the free zApp runtime exe. But you can't change the icon for zApp End-User or zApp Pro because these files are copy protected and changing the EXE will cause them not to work. By "author description" I assume you are talking about the Version resource strings, and again, you can change them in the zApp runtime with a resource editor.

I try change this icon but i cant. If i change icon *.exe is broken...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 2:19 am   

Ahh, I see the problem. The problem is that all zApp files are also compressed (using PECompact) to save space. Otherwise the runtime would be 10MB in size. Looks like changing the resources mess up the compression. So unfortunately there is no way to change the icon or version info. Sorry. It's something I'll look into adding in the future, but it will probably be a long time until the next version.

I don't know what you mean by "block custom filter on Grid". The Grid uses whatever filter you have assigned to the zDataSet component.

If you can't use the Oracle client, then you might try using ADO instead of ODBC. See if there is an Microsoft ADO driver that works with Oracle. ODBC is a very old database driver spec. ADO is newer so it might not have the same bugs (it will probably have different bugs)

Also, you should try doing a Google search on "Oracle client DLL". I saw several interesting matches that might get you the DLL needed for native database access. zApp uses the JDBC database access model for native access.
krzysk

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 9:09 am   

Is possible download not compresed Zapp Lite ? Then any developers can change this data and compress exe.

I think about dropdown button on grid header if click on this button i can chose filter (on grid) on this menu is Custom with window where i can make custom filter i want block this options ( i need block this if i want make full app in polish language :P Other windows i can make or use ocx for windows/api dialogs. ).

Other question is any way to use DLL function in zapp?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2006 8:13 pm   

Unfortunately I do not have an uncompressed zApp available, sorry. Remember that zApp was designed for user-scriptable applications and was not designed with the main purpose of producing "compiled" EXE files. This is a scripting application system, not a compiled development environment like Visual Studio.

The dropdown filter in the grid is a user interface feature and is not currently controllable via scripting. I'll add an option for turning off this user filtering to a future version. For now there is no way to disable this.

And no, there is no way to call DLLs from zApp. This is a difficult thing to handle from a scripting language (which is why you can't call DLLs from VBScript or JScript either). Remember that the Microsoft Scripting engine is an integral part of zApp and zApp shares the same disadvantages of all other scripting languages. There has been some discussion of how to add DLL access to zApp, but there are currently no plans for this any time soon.
krzysk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:21 am   

I think if i look here later i see more usefull things in ZAPP:
- report commands with print preview
- maybe multi language or commands for use dlls
but now i dont see any new updates ...
Last Updated: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:12 pm :((

I think ZAPP die ...
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:54 pm   

It has already been stated in other posts on this forum, and in my 2006 New Years Letter that zApp development is currently on hold while I work on the new CMUD product. I'm only one person and can only do one product at a time. And at this time I must focus on the product that effects more customers (which is CMUD). Since CMUD uses zApp technology, I expect improvements to be made to zApp in the future. But it will be a while.

zApp still works perfectly fine for many different applications. I do not suggest that anyone use zApp for multi-language or Unicode language applications. That isn't what it was designed for.
krzysk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 2:59 pm   

Quote:
zApp still works perfectly fine for many different applications. I do not suggest that anyone use zApp for multi-language or Unicode language applications. That isn't what it was designed for.

I know ZAPP is ok,lightweight,database ready and have low price ... is very usefull i dont know why is not popular ...

Unicode is no problem i try Zapp and i used Polish chars u can use special editor or make ur editor in zapp, editor must replace unicode chars to special code (ą is &#x0105; ....).
For multilanguage u need only all strings write in .ini .... i know u dont have time...

I can translate ZAPP runtime to Polish but i need ur permision ... (i need change binary file) ofcurse if i translate i will u send Polish version.

I make only Polish language software (NET) then i need polish runtime if i can translate ... i can buy ZAPP.

sorry for english.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Oct 24, 2006 3:57 pm   

If you can translate zApp for Polish just by changing the binary file, then you have my permission. However, I cannot provide any source code and the zApp-Pro version has copy protection that might interfere with the translation. And yes, if you translated the free runtime, I'd be happy to post it to the download site and give you credit for it.
nancynany88

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 4:15 am   

krzysk wrote:

3) i reinstall system Windows 2000 and now i see icons. I dont have idea what do this problem.
5) hmm i cant use oracle client. But i try use field table on oracle server.
I have one more question can i block custom filter on Grid i dont find any param for this ?

hmm... i am totally agree with you dude..thanks for sharing such a nice info.. Cool
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.     Home » Forums » General zApp Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: