Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
slicertool
Magician

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:12 am   

RTF copy from mud output

Something I'd love is to be able to do an rich text copy from the mud window into an RTF based app I wrote for editting various entries on my mud. At the moment the 'easiest' way for me to convert a log into this application is to use Charbal's HTML logger, open log in IE, copy to Word, and then copy and paste to my app, because for god knows what reason IE to Word will copy all of the appropriate color formatting, but IE to a simple rich text box will not. But Word to a rich text box works fine in copying colors.

Anyways, it would be wonderful if the RTF copy worked within zMud.
MASTER

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006 7:13 pm   

Well, you'll be happy with CMUD Cool

I don't yet know if this will make it into the first beta or not, but the internal text Editor window is being rewritten. It will be using the zApp Memo control instead of the current MUD output control. I just need to modify zMemo so that it can parse ANSI color codes.

The advantage of this change is that a) the Editor will be more of a standard editor (similar to the editor demo for zApp), and b) the zMemo control has export abilities for HTML and RTF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: