Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
geosmith
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 7:37 am   

CMUD System Requirements?

First off, apologies if this has been covered already. I ask, though, because I'm finally planning to buy a notebook PC to use for zMUD et cetera sometime over the next couple of weeks, and really the last thing I'd want would be to then install CMUD and find it wouldn't run. Basically, will CMUD run at a useable rate on what would now be considered a low-end PC (Windows XP, 1.73GHz Pentium M, 512MB RAM)?
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 7:30 pm   

That should be fine. CMUD doesn't make a lot of demands upon the CPU. The core display engine is the same as zMUD, so if zMUD performed well, then CMUD should be fine too. I tell people that as long as their computer can run Windows XP well, the CMUD will be no problem. With 512MB of RAM you should be fine. I've learned that having enough memory is really more important than the CPU speed. And 512MB is really the minimum memory I recommend to people for Windows XP (WinXP works with 256MB but is much much slower).
demoneyoungblood
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 2:45 am   

1.7Ghz w/512? damn, spoiled brats :p lol
if i can run msvs.net 2005 team edition on a 933 w 384 pc 100, i think you can run cmud on 1.7 w/512 :-D (yes, i could buy/build a better system, im just not worried about it yet)
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:55 am   

Ooooh Team Edition, how's that going? We'd love to get that here at work but no way can we afford the £3500 per person.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: