Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
kevlar
Beginner

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 9:42 pm   

inactivity

there are times when i enter a room and all my triggers are set to respond to a bot in the room. depending on what the bot does, it fires different trigs. problem is sometimes the bot isn't there. is there a way to set a trig so that if i enter the room and say after some amount of time nothing happens a trig goes off? but does not go off if the first set of trigs fire?

sorry if i'm explaining the question poorly i'm not exactly sure how to be more clear.

kevlar
JQuilici
Adept

PostPosted: Sat Mar 11, 2006 10:43 pm   

Without seeing the specific messages, I can only speak in generalities, but you can do something like the following:
  1. Create an #ALARM in the roomscript, set to fire after some number of seconds. The body of the alarm does your if-no-bot-here commands.
  2. Have each of your bot-response aliases #UNALARM or disable the roomscript alarm, then do their thing.

The result is that the alarm will fire after X seconds, but only if none of your bot-responses have fired.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: