Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Martin_DK

PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 11:43 am   

Prompt capturing/Separate prompt window.

Been debating it for a bit, and a feature I personally would find useful in cmud, would be prompt line capturing and in return throwing it into a special one line window(or could configured), that way it would update the prompt from what the mud sent, but not show it in the main window.
basicly like some muds use vt100 to create such an interface, should of course be able to customise the prompt for those that do such, but it should capture/gag the main prompt from the main window, and then show the prompt/customised prompt in that window, sure its possible with a heavy script but it would personally seem to be a nice feature.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 5:02 am   

You can also #GAG it and capture your prompt line into the #ST status bar.
Rainchild
Wizard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 6:20 am   

I would actually like to see an end to #GAG (keep it in for legacy support) but promote a new way of doing things... maybe with MXP markup, but basically have a 'divert everything from <x> to </x> into <window y> and strip the blank line before the prompt' ... I recall having to write some pretty hairy triggers in my day, something like #CAP 6, #GAG -6, #GAG 1 or something in order to move a tell to a different window, it's pretty unfriendly and kludgy.
Martin_DK

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:06 am   

Yes you could capture to status line, but it would not have color or really be that much editable, though a colorable, and such status line could do that, also as pointed out, gag and capturing can be used but its funky and bulky, which is why i brought it up, I have had such triggers but they simply are messy, a direct support for it would add a whole new view onto muds that normally dont have such 'set' prompts as vt100 can do.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006 11:10 pm   

We already have a redirect ability in the form of #MAKEWINDOW. #MAKEWINDOW itself needs some work (most of it being related to the stayontop kludge, and thus likely to be fixed already), but the redirect option works like a charm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: