rtatum
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:26 pm   

Lists

Okay, I want to have a list of mobs, say, like this for example:

#VAR mobName {dog|cat|bird|fish}

so that I can have a trigger set up to do something like:

c summon @mobName.1

So it would summon dog, repeatedly until it received a "You failed." message, at which point the number would increment to two, and then summon cat until "You failed." and then increment, and so forth, until it reached 4, and then it would reset back to one after "You failed." on four... I've figured out that I can't just use another variable, i.e. c summon @mobName.@mobNumber, so what other solutions are there?
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 8:47 pm   

#VAR mobName {dog|cat|bird|fish}
#VAR mobCurrent 1
#VAR mobFailed 0
#TRIGGER {^You summon a (%w).} {#VAR mobFailed 0;kill %1;#TEMP summonkilling {^A %%1 is dead!$} {c summon %item(@mobName,@mobCurrent)}
#TRIGGER {^You failed.$} {#ADD mobFailed 1;#ADD mobcurrent 1;#IF (@mobCurrent > %numitems(@mobName)) {#VAR mobCurrent 1};#IF (@mobFailed = %numitems(@mobName)) {#ECHO All dead!} {c summon %item(@mobName,@mobCurrent)}}

This will loop till it has mobFailed at 4 as there is no more animals to load.

Where and when you cast and what the message is where you want to resummon (I used when it dies) is up to yo.
rtatum
Novice

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 11:04 pm   

#VAR mobName {agent|data entry|sniper}
#VAR mobCurrent 1
#VAR mobFailed 0
#TRIGGER {^(*) arrives suddenly.} {#VAR mobFailed 0;#TEMP summonkilling {^(*) has been DEFEATED!$} {c summon %item(@mobName,@mobCurrent)}
#TRIGGER {^You failed.$} {#ADD mobFailed 1;#ADD mobcurrent 1;#IF (@mobCurrent > %numitems(@mobName)) {#VAR mobCurrent 1};#IF (@mobFailed = %numitems(@mobName)) {#ECHO All dead!} {c summon %item(@mobName,@mobCurrent)}}

Here would be the modified setup I used, replacing with the proper messages, and since I don't initiate the kill, I removed that part... I switched from the %w wildcard because some of the mobs have more than one word in their names, i.e. a data entryist, or a section 9 sniper, and so forth
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: