Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:33 am   

Mud Info vs Character Info

Is there plans to determine rather if the stuff is mud specific or if it's character specific?

Examples:

Maps are generally mud specific.

Some triggers/aliases may be specific to the character as different characters can do different things like certain attack methods, but other triggers/aliases may be applicable to all characters on the mud, like knowing when you are disarmed, you automatically get it and wield/sec it back on.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Larkin
Wizard

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 5:05 pm   

zMUD already has the ability for you to re-use a map database between multiple characters, though I could see situations where the map would work slightly differently from one character to another (i.e., movement skills can vary).

I believe the ability to group settings together in CMUD packages will allow you build them such that some of them are useable by many characters on the same MUD while others are used only one character. zMUD can do this (sort of) using inherited settings, but editing them and reloading them can be a hassle. We're hoping it's easier in CMUD.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Mon Jan 09, 2006 7:03 pm   

Yep, Larkin has it exactly right and beat me to the response :)
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2006 1:11 pm   

In zMUD, I did the layout (with the file extension of .lay) way cause I didn't want to have to redo the map for each and every single character on the same mud site as well as a lot of the other triggers and other items. When I attempted to mess with the special characters, the inheritance stuff was more of a pain as it just wanted to take the special characters back to the default, so I ended up having to leave the special characters as are by default. I haven't tried to mess with the special characters though in the newest version cause I have built up stuff around that.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: