Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

jsanity

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2005 5:53 am   

Room Definition Properties window size is maxed out

In the palette tab, when I click "properties" on one of my room types, the window that then pops up labeled "Room Definition Properties" is just wider than my screen resolution and I can't shrink it down. I can't bump up my desktop resolution any higher (1280x1024 is my max) to make the window "Smaller" that way. The only corner which allows me to resize the window is the lower right corner and I can't get at it.

Other than that I'm finally getting the hang of Zmapper and loving it Very Happy

Running Win XP Professional with Service Pack 2 if that helps at all.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:05 pm   

Can you move the window by dragging the caption until the right corner is visible and then resize it? I'm not sure what to suggest since the window seems to fit fine on my 1024x768 resolution here.

Are you running in "Large font" or "Small font" setting on your graphics card? Most of my software is only tested in "small font" mode and some graphics drivers don't rescale properly in the large font setting.
jsanity

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:07 pm   

Hey and thanks for replying, I'm not able to get to the lower right corner, even if I push the window upwards via moving the titlebar, because the workspace is just as large as my screen resolution. I can just barely see the outline of the bottom of the window, i know the corner is right there but I can't get to it. My font settings are normal, I'm using the Windows XP Silver theme. Is there a keyboard shortcut to "resize window" so I might use one of the other window corners to fix my problem? Thanks in advance.
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:39 am   

Windows basics:
Alt+SpaceBar
Brings up the Windows system menu for a window. This applies practically every window, even some that have a non-window appearance.

From there 'S' is used for activating sizing, and oddly the bottom right corner seems to be fixed here. Use the arrow keys to shrink or expand the window, Enter completes the manuever.
From there 'M' is used to move the window. Use the arrow keys to shift it about, nd Enter completes the manuever.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:11 pm   

You can also use the mouse over the top edge of the window to drag it down to make the window smaller. Or drag the left edge. Basically you can drag *any* border of a window to resize it. I often have to do this when I move windows to my smaller monitor to get them to fit.
jsanity

PostPosted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 1:24 pm   

Greets again. Within this child window there is no resize option in the pulldown menu which appears on the upper left window icon nor are any of the window edges responsive to mouseover where normally one would be able to resize. Just wanted to pass that on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: