Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:27 am   

CMUD Upgrade Pricing Question

Quoth Zugg:
Quote:
The upgrade policy for CMUD is different than zMUD. You will get free upgrades to CMUD for 2-years after your initial purchase. That's it. Any version released after 2-years from your original purchase will cost half-price of whatever the cost of CMUD is at that time. So if the cost of CMUD stays the same, then an upgrade will cost $14.95 after two years.

I know this is probably premature but will the upgrade to the Pro version also be half price for existing CMUD owners?

Edit: Corrected typo
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:16 pm   

I would think so, since you're already paying for the basic package. That kind of thing probably will work like MS software edition upgrades:

Learning edition -- free/$15.99 (doesn't really apply here)
Basic edition -- $99
Pro edition (full) -- $199
Pro edition (upgrade) -- $99
Enterprise edition (full) -- $599
Enterprise edition(upgrade) -- $499

As usual, though, Zugg decides.
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 11:19 pm   

Probably not... if anything it will apply to those who have zMapper...

Quote:
* Customers who have purchased either zMapper or zApp will receive a free upgrade from CMUD to CMUD-Pro when CMUD-Pro is released.

and
Quote:
The CMUD-Pro version is expected to be an additional $19.95 upgrade when it is released, but details on CMUD-Pro are pretty sketchy at this time (mainly integrated zMapper and SSH support are planned).
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2006 9:23 pm   

Tech is correct. The Pro version is essentially the new version of zMapper, so only zMapper users will get a discount for the Pro version.

Think of CMUD and CMUD-Pro as two different products. When you buy CMUD you get free upgrades for 2 years, then half-price upgrades after that. If you have the CMUD-Pro expansion, then you get free upgrades of the CMUD-Pro Expansion for 2 years, then half-price upgrades after that.

So you pay $29.95 for CMUD and get 2 years of free upgrades, then have to pay $14.95 for upgrades after that. You initially buy the CMUD-Pro expansion for $19.95 and get 2 years of free upgrades for the expansion, then have to pay $9.95 to upgrade the Pro expansion after that.
Daffyd
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 10:20 am   

Zugg,
That's what I expected. Thanks. :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » CMUD Beta Forum All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: