Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
RobAMacAF
Beginner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:57 am   

Moving after a #PAUSE

Ok, WHen I walk to this certain location in Dragonrealms there is a spider web that will stop you. I have a trigger that will trigger if I get stuck in the spider web and it waits until the round time is over. The problem is I get stuck AFTER I move...

[Southern Trade Route, Endrus Forest]
The track through the choking forest is difficult to follow here. The path is extremely muddy and treacherous underfoot. At times the snaking detours into which the main route has jumbled become impossible to discern. A sinking, sickening sense of disorientation sets in.
Obvious paths: northeast, southwest.
> ne

You suddenly feel a strange tickling all over your face. Horrified, you realize you have walked facefirst into a spiderweb that stretches across the trail. You wipe at your face and arms to remove the sticky web, but aren't quite satisfied that you've gotten it all off. Luckily, the web's architect seems to be elsewhere at the moment.
Webbed for 12 seconds!
Slow walking paused

Is there anyway to reissue the last command?
shalimar
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:06 am   

maybe add a room script to pause it before you progress any further?
but that would only work if it was the same room you got webbed in every time
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005 5:36 am   

I think it's actually two rooms, and there's a similar web in one of the altar rooms in Shard.

As for your question, think you are going to have to resort to a #BACKUP followed by a #STEP or whatever gets things moving again. If you simply #PAUSE, the failed direction will still have been processed and #STEP will simply issue the next one and thereby keeping you off-track by one room. Another thing you could try is to use a #NODIR on that message. That should keep the mapper from moving, but I'm not quite sure if the failed move will stay in the queue/speedwalk.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: