Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Vodoc
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:17 am   

v1.30 - extremly slow

I have zMUD v7.21 and zMapper v1.30 with a map containing ~10k rooms. The map works wonderfully in zMUD, is fast and responsive.
That is not the case with zMapper, whenever I load the map is it first very slow to load and then is it a pain to switch zones or levels. Also, when switching level will the zone name (in the up-left corner) change to some other (erroneous) zone.
This is on XP SP2 with all updates on a computer which should have no problems handling it.
Am I the only one seeing this?
chris-74269
Magician

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 5:33 am   

i also found its speed to be awful. i decided to give it a try after zugg's free cmud-pro upgrade incentive. it took about 15 minutes to load my map (my map is about 50 megs large after compacting). it took about 3 minutes to go from zone to zone. other things that bothered me was the zones being listed by zone # instead of alphabetically and no favorites. there isnt too much zmapper offers that would make me want to buy it, and it becoming a part of cmud-pro after this demonstration would actually deter me from buying cmud-pro. i figure i'll try to put something constructive in here so a short list of things i would like to see is being able to select how to order the zones, having a tab for your favorites, obviously something with load speed(i have up to date MDAC/Jet), being able to set a variable for room movement cost(perhaps this is possible with the script parameters but the speed was too bad for me to actually test anything in a reasonable timespan)
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2005 3:25 pm   

The mapper in zmud has seen more work and updates then the standalone zmapper program. I am sure Zugg would give zmapper an overhaul before he made it part of cmud-pro.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: