Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

jsanity

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:53 am   

MDB Checker utility?

Greetings all. I have a 40 meg mapfile (compressed down to 4KB) which neither my version of Zmud (7.21) nor Zmapper (1.30b) can read anymore.

I first installed zMapper and loaded up my recent map file, with no problems. I went into zMud and checked the plugins list but zMap wasn't there. I shut down zMap, ran it again a few times but it still wasn't recognized in the plugin list. I checked to make sure my versions were up-to-date (which they were). After a few more tries, the zMap plugin was recognized but now my mapfile won't load in zMap (or zmud)

I was wondering if there was some trick or utility in zMapper to "clean up" whatever is broken within my MDB file so it could be re-loaded. Would much love to save my work .... but I understand with beta software that errors will happen.

I'm running Win XP Service Pack 2, if that matters at all. Thanks for your time.
TonDiening
GURU

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 3:38 pm   

There is zsConvert.exe which you could give a whirl (not sure if it will do anything).

A pure guess would that it might be something with SQLite vs MDB.

Regardless what you do, save the mag somewhere as a backup.
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:42 pm   

No, zsConvert just converts the old .MAP files into the .MDB database format. If you go to the http://www.zuggsoft.com/data page there is a utility somewhere on the page called the MDAC Repair program from Microsoft that will repair and compress a MDB database. This is the same as the function within zMapper itself in the File>Compress menu option.
Iceclaw
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 4:48 pm   

I managed to recover my db by using zone copy with a new map and that had a single zone that didnt share any of the imported names.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: