Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
mercatroid
Wanderer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:16 pm   

Transfer

Hi, I have what seems like it should be a relatively easy question:

I've switched zMud 7.21 from one computer to another, and had no trouble with the license key or anything.

What I am having difficulty with, is transfering my MUD settings files.

Do I need to copy -ALL- .mud and .lay files? Are there any other files that I should copy as well in order to have the exact same setup on Computer B as I had on Computer A?

Thanx in advance.

-G
mercatroid
Wanderer

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:36 am   

Okay this is retarded.

I looked up the replies to the last time I posted a similar question. The last time I tried this, I was updating from 7.13 to 7.21 as well as transfering to a new computer. Now I'm just transfering 7.21 from one computer to another.

Anyway, I tried one of the ideas someone suggested the last time: Just copy/paste the entire zMud folder from one computer to another.
Not only does this not work in the slightest, it also causes zMud to crash, which sounds likely anyway for a program with so many bits and pieces scattered across your computer.

Anyway, it doesn't look like this forum is well travelled, but if anyone happens to find this and would like to help me out, I'd appreciate it.

Thx
Mercatroid
Slaem
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 3:36 am   

Suggestions here and here.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2005 7:04 am   

Sounds like you misunderstood what I said. You NEVER copy an old application onto a newer one. What I meant was to copy the subdirectories in the older main ZMud folder that contain your settings files, databases, maps, sounds, and images to the newer main ZMud directory. I included more details regarding layouts and the character database in the PM I sent back to you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: