Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Post new topic  Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2
OmegaDeus Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:17 pm
<3 Zugg
burley
Beginner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:24 pm   Who me?

Wow! Did I start all this? :)
OmegaDeus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 7:48 am   

Yes you did burley. It was very refreshing to me to see someone actually get down and dirty and thank the programmer. I am a programmer myself and have never recieved thanks for anything I've done. I bet many of you have seen something that in some way has some of my code in it, but as I'm no longer programmers on those projects, or have been put under contract not to speak of the projects, I cannot say which ones. :(

Look at me I've got zSKILLS
alaric
Novice

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:04 am   

<3 Zugg

zMUD was one of my first as well. And I am still exploring the possibilities of what it can do. My scripts just get bigger and bigger. Thanks Zugg!!!
Zugg
MASTER

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:27 pm   

Just wanted to respond and tell everyone who posted to this thread how much I appreciate your kind words. I've been really burned out lately and these kind of positive comments really keep me going. You are the ones that I'm doing this for. I hope I can deliver something great with zMUDXP and continue to provide quality software at a good value for everyone.

Anyway, thanks a bunch...I tend to only get annoying email from people with problems and it's so refreshing to be reminded that there are still some people who care about zMUD and still want it to be successful.

It's because of you all that I haven't given up.
OmegaDeus
Apprentice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 5:45 pm   

You're welcome Zugg. I don't only do it for the zMUD though. The forums have been a greater help to me than anyone could possibly ever imagine... From the help I've recieved here, I have been able to take my scripting to an all new level.

Look at me I've got zSKILLS
alaric
Novice

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:13 pm   

Agreed. zMUD, the forum, everything has been a wonderful experience. I LOVE zMUD and I will never use another program to play MUD's. Thanks Zugg, you have an awesome program. Keep up the wonderful work. I am anxiously awaiting zMUDXP. God Bless.
Dodgester
Wanderer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2005 4:28 am   

I have to go along as this has been the best program, at least to my knowledge. I know I tend to be critical, which maybe that's cause I tend to push the outer limits of the envelope as one higher level tech told me as he helped me resolve some issues, most of which were bugs on their end that I just helped them find, but some of which also dealt with Excel, the program that they relied on working properly for certain things too. Of course, one big advantage in that situation, we had phone support vs this here, it's forum support, which makes it harder for step by step bug trapping.

There's also been times when people have griped back at me, which in certain cases, it's not so easy to pick up a pattern, when there's a lot of different variables involved, thus makes isolating those things down more difficult, especially when a lot of the stuff is done behind the scene. The comments that I had gotten had discouraged me cause of how was I suppose to report back with what was wanted, when I didn't even know myself? The other thing, I also know maybe I think in a different manner than most people, thus why I have been so well successful in the programming field, but at the same time, has made it more difficult to convey those things to others when the time comes, which seemed to have been especially the case with the support on here. That may have been the very thing that made it more difficult due to potentially different terminologies given that I think in a different manner than most others (at least that appears to be the case including what I have noticed with actual interaction with other people). The only thing that has been a saving grace for me, I have been able to break things down and show people how to do things for when they do want to know something, such as a group of students noticed that I was learning Paradox on my own, and I was going through it rather quickly, which then one of them came to me and asked me to show them something, and as I did, I ended up showing them a few other things as they each had questions. After that 10 minute time period, one of them told me that I taught them more stuff in that 10 minutes than what the instructor had taught them in the first 2/3 of the 50 minutes per week instructions over a 16 week semester time period. I don't think that itself is really true, but I do think what that person was getting at, I was able to come down to their level and show them how to pick up on it and follow through, which I was a certified tutor while in college.

Anyhow, I am very thankful for Zugg's hard work despite how critical that I may be. Something like this doesn't happen over night, and to get to this point, obviously, he has gone through a lot of frustration time periods, as I have done it myself having to learn so many different programming languages and objects of various things, and then getting them all to interact with each other in a manner that helps everyone out. That in itself is a full time job as it requires a lot of R&D, testings, and patience to get the end results of what you want, which also requires gradual build up. So here's my <3 Zugg. Thank you Zugg for all of your hard work and making this program at least one of the best, if not the best for the value.

Sincerely,

Dodgester
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: