Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
easal
Novice

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:11 pm   

Error: Acces Violation

Quote:
Access violation at address 0040232C in module 'Zmud.exe'. Write of address 0000001D.

Ok basically, to give the background on when this started.
My Zmud folder is a mess, especially the one for the mud I play on, I've multiple map files, layout files, everything, basically because this mud was my first and I didn't really have a clue about Zmud or anything. Added to that, I had trouble with the mapper that I solved by having the map files save to the main Zmud folder rather than the Imperian one.
After cleaning up files, I got loads of errror messages specifically one's regarding layout. ~unfortunately I deleted some stuff irrevocaly.

I got all that fixed, and the Imp charecter is running fine, I got all the settings, map and layout loading correctly, so I go leave Zmud, and I get the above message.
Sometimes it's just one, and closing it just brings up the usual windows "error/wait for this program to finish or quit now" one, but sometimes it repeatedly spams iteslef and I have to shut down and restart.

Any ideas? I'm stumped, to the best of my knowledge I didn't do anything to the main Zmud files, only to the Imperian settings one's. Rolling Eyes

Thanks for the trouble. If more detail is needed let me know?
easal
Novice

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:18 pm   

Hmm, I tried the things mentioned in the other thread, switching off all my settings etc, but the problem perwsists.

I don't think it's related to the charecter file to be honest. The program boots fine, the charecter loads and quits perfectly, it's when I quit Zmud altogether that I hit a problem.

Is there an index of error messages and what particular part of zmud they refer to? I can't reinstall since I don't have access to the address I ordered on (it was a college email addy, and the idiots changed the suffix without moving old messages), but maybe I could cannabalize a installed trial on another comp, just for whatever in the folder is corrupted.
MattLofton
GURU

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:41 pm   

Quote:

Is there an index of error messages and what particular part of zmud they refer to?

No, there isn't, those errors are generated by Windows and aren't even very helpful to Zugg. You can basically ignore them because they mean nothing useful to anyone.

Quote:

I can't reinstall since I don't have access to the address I ordered on (it was a college email addy, and the idiots changed the suffix without moving old messages)

Are/were you using an elicense version, or did you start with 7.21 or some other elicense-removed version? If you still haven't upgraded to the non-elicense version you can register the upgraded version automatically. It phones home for the listed registration information (name and email you bought zmud with) and should automatically fill in the blanks for you. If you are already using the non-elicense version and you have the zuggstore account set up, just log in, check to make sure it has your current email address listed, and then click the button to have your registration info delivered into your inbox. The web pages will seem like they are sending it to the old email address you can't access, but it instead sends it to your new one.
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:42 am   

Quote:
Are/were you using an elicense version,
E-license, I think... I bought it back in April, or around then.
That sounds like a plan, I'll upgrade it tonight so.
Thanks Matt. Smile
nexela
Wizard

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:22 pm   

I believe in your zmud directory is a file called receipt.txt that has you E-license code in it you shuold grab it and file it somewhere safe.
easal
Novice

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:42 pm   

nexela wrote:
I believe in your zmud directory is a file called receipt.txt that has you E-license code in it you shuold grab it and file it somewhere safe.
Yes, there is. Copied to my documents now, thanks again Nexela!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: