Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
JennyLynn

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:04 pm   

SLOW OUTPUT

Sad I am VERY new to this Paid Zmud. I have been using the Free Version for a little while now with NO problems. Since I have downloaded the Paid version on my computer all of my outgoing text is running about 4 to 5 seconds slow (lag) Evil or Very Mad , but anything I get incoming shows up perfect, no lag! I have changed my spam setting to 0 - 1. (as suggested per another player in my game.) I have no clue whatelse this could be. None of my other programs are slow like this. I have tried restarted, reloading my zmud, NOTHING WORKS.. HELP Shocked

-JennyLynn (In need of some help!)
xenapan
Wanderer

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 4:56 pm   

specs on your computer might be useful? the new zmud is a bit more complicated than the old versions..

few things to check..
1. is the server laggy? tried a different mud?
2. is it your computer thats old and a bit slow/you have alot of background processes?
3. all outgoing text? does this include triggers?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 5:56 pm   

The free mud works perfect. Other than the 7.21 haven't tried other zmuds. Yes my computer older (not sure hold old). No, not a lot of background processes. and Yes even triggers are slow.
mr_kent
Enchanter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:57 am   

JennyLynn wrote:
The free mud works perfect. Other than the 7.21 haven't tried other zmuds. Yes my computer older (not sure hold old). No, not a lot of background processes. and Yes even triggers are slow.

Have you tried creating a new instance of your character in zMud without any settings, and if you have, does the problem still exist?

If not, then

Are you using the same settings/triggers you used with the free version? If you are, did you export/import them? Retype them? Copy the .mud file to a new directory?
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: