Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Play RetroMUD
Hawkstarr
Beginner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:06 pm   

Updating various selected rooms

Anyone know of a way to update the NAME and DESC fields of rooms based upon which rooms are selected in the mapper? I don't know of any scriptable "Rooms selected" command and if you attempt to select a group of rooms and update the name or description, zMud will only change the LAST room you selected with your mouse.

Looking to update these field much like how you update the room colors and would rather not have to update them using macros in Access.

Thanks in advance.
Hawkstarr
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:48 am   

Well I guess that this isn't possible. Thanks to everyone who took a look. Is there a Feature Request Topic somewhere where I would be able to request this functionality? Thanks!
Slaem
Apprentice

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:19 pm   

Here's a simple idea. Not sure how feasible it is for you. I'm guessing you have a group of rooms with the same Names and Descriptions. Well, create a stringlist of your room #s you want changed, have a variable for your room name, and a variable for your descriptions. Then just use an alias and loop through the stringlist to apply your new name and desc.

#VAR rooms {1|2|3}
#VAR roomnames {test names}
#VAR roomdescs {test descs}
#AL rmchanges {#FORALL @rooms { %roomname( %i, @roomnames); %roomdesc( %i, @roomdescs) }}

Syntax Colourizer
Vijilante
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:51 pm   

If you have zMapper installed you can use its functions as a plugin to get a list of the selected rooms. From there it is a very short script to preform the updates. The only documentation is in the help for zMapper. What you want to do would operate as a variant array because of the COM interface, but the script is still relatively simple.

I am sorry I missied this post earlier.
Hawkstarr
Beginner

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:51 pm   

hey not a problem. I don't have zMapper installed anymore, and have used my trial already. But I might be able to do something off of the colors using a simular script. I didn't think about it like that.

Thanks all!
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMUD General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: