Register to post in forums, or Log in to your existing account

Tech
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:33 pm   

Import Export Problems

I'm trying to export the rooms from one map file into a brand new one and I'm having some problems. I tried the XML export, but that doesn't seem to be working. I only get one room in the new database, even the the XML export files contain a full list of links and rooms (at least a lot more than just one).

I tried doing the txt export and capturing the Room and Exit Tbl and dir tables, but no luck there either. Was there something else I needed to capture?

Anyone else had any issues like this? The reason I'm doing the export is because file seems corrupted somehow. For the most part it works fine, except I can't create shaped rooms, although I can in a new database. This leads me to belive either there's a weird bug that only lets you create room shapes in a new DB (VERY UNLIKELY with Zuggs level of coding) or that my DB is corrupted. I'd really like to get rooms out. I've not mapped alot but it's still annoying, and i'd to run into the problem with a bigger map and not know what to do.
GURU

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:51 pm   

Ok... something funky is definitely happing with my Map DB's. When I try to do the text import again I get a "ZoneTbl: No index for fields." I thought maybe I need to import zone tables first. But I get the same error when importing the Zone Tables. It may have something to do with the fact that these maps were created with zMud before I had my zMapper plugin working. Any thought's on this?

Also I noticed a quirk/bug with the text import. If go up a folder level the try to drill down in to another folder, it doesn't drill down but goes to the next step of the import screen with blank data. I'm guessing the program assumes that the directory is the actual file name and tries to open it. Can anyone else reproduce this? Has anyone done anything with import/export.
SubAdmin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:46 pm   

First copy your database file for the map to some place else before your do anything more to it. Next try using the MS built in repair facility on the 'original'. Failing that go to exporting, you will have to try Charbal's (he wrote this independently, and you would have to ask him for support) ZoneCopy utility do it, but I don't have a link for you. Charbal's utilty should be able to create a new map for you assuming the corruption is not to severe. Should that fail, you may have to go any other form of export you can get, even down to scripting the rebuilding in zMud.

You might also try using the zsconvert.exe if you still have the original (or at least versions it supports) files hanging out in a backup.
Post new topic   Reply to topic     Home » Forums » zMapper Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: